Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if any of you have been called out lately by any other rides? If so please elaborate as the summer season around here is done and not really anyone on the roads wanting to play lately!:devil:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've been actually calling out my shops STS-V, haha ...but we try not to promote or encourage street racing, although I think I can take the STS-V with its upgrades, not so much the XLR-V since we upgraded the pulley and such.

·
Registered
813 Posts
lol yea the scene around heer is nt real good man VA and NC have soem strict laws regarding street racing best to find a secluded area or the track for fun around here. or shoot me a PM and ill give u a call next time we roll to the track.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got called out by a purple GTO 5.7

He hugged my ass and kept passin me then laggin behind then passin me.

We were on northbound telegraph with a bit of traffic so i didnt wanna run um.

I did get a break in traffic and hit it good once when he was passing. Even though he had the lead and was rolling fast from the start i was catching him good and definately would of won but i had to slow up for traffic.

Not much else happening:cry:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Daily, but I'm over it now plus the threat of getting my licence suspended with one more ticket kinda makes it easier to shine off the call out!

·
Registered
731 Posts
I tend to worry more about cops and getting busted. I get called out but they tend to be ones going the other way (dropping into neutral and revving up:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
223 Posts
Before the mods, I got called out all of the time. But now...not so much. I don't street race anyway since seeing an racing accident that killed a mother and her kid a few years ago. I take things to the local tracks like Capital Raceway or MIR.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
My boss keeps calling me out with his 570 RWHP 03 Cobra that does low 11's. So far I've been working on getting ready - next the tuner arrives and I've been concidering heads and a cam but I have not accepted his invitation. Last time I did I got a woopin........

·
Registered
103 Posts
Gto

got called out by a very loud GTO....I usually beat most of em....but at the top of his third gear, suddenly his car gained an extra 150 HP and he came from behind and began to pass me...so I did what any self -respecting SRT owner would do....I backed out of it before he could pass me:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :smile:
Z

·
Registered
731 Posts
I spanked a new stock GTO (except exhaust and headers) to my stock Bee (Corsa Exhaust) a few months back. we were on a four lane and nobody around us. He works a few blocks up the street from my office. It was a nice friendly run though. He said he heard the Bee's were fast.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've been actually calling out my shops STS-V, haha ...but we try not to promote or encourage street racing, although I think I can take the STS-V with its upgrades, not so much the XLR-V since we upgraded the pulley and such.
be careful...I own both and run them against each other all the time. If you go from a dig, you WILL lose. from a roll..pretty damn even, just depends on the "jump" and temp of the Hemi...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Got into it pretty good a couple weeks back against an E55 AMG. Wicked fast sedan. We were both running at about 7-8/10ths because, hey! We are on a public highway running through the city.
Anyway, by what I could figure out, the AMG is indeed slightly quicker in a straight line, but doesn't seem to handle the corners or brake as well. It was a riot.

·
Registered
488 Posts
be careful...I own both and run them against each other all the time. If you go from a dig, you WILL lose. from a roll..pretty damn even, just depends on the "jump" and temp of the Hemi...
Your sig denotes a 300C, do you have an SRT? We just dyno'd our STS-V at 416 at the wheels, with intake, meth injection, exhaust, and ECU tune ...sounds freaking mean, I raced a customers STS-V from a 20mph roll with our intake and ECU tune and slowly pulled on him, our shop car is another story ...hopefully with the diablo sport tuner, I will have a chance.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Your sig denotes a 300C, do you have an SRT? We just dyno'd our STS-V at 416 at the wheels, with intake, meth injection, exhaust, and ECU tune ...sounds freaking mean, I raced a customers STS-V from a 20mph roll with our intake and ECU tune and slowly pulled on him, our shop car is another story ...hopefully with the diablo sport tuner, I will have a chance.

wow..thats awesome. You guys are on the leading edge witr those sts-v mods. most are just stock and dyno around the same as a stock srt8 (somewhere in the 370 range, but they do have a bit more torque and it presents itself in the low end)

Yes, I have a modded C, (heavily modded :lol: ), but also a Plum Crazy charger (see pics below), and an sts-v. Your experience sounds about right:

this is my second srt8 and both start off trailing the V from a stop, but catrch it in the very top end. That V is a wicked launcher..I once raced a Grand Cherokee srt8 in it an beleive it or not..launched almost dead even (was behind by 1/3 of a car)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had the chance to race a STS-V a couple of weeks ago, not knowing much about what he was packing. After small power play we come to a red light. Once green we launch neck and neck until we reached the next light. Hard to tell who would,ve won. only more footage would tell.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I had the chance to race a STS-V a couple of weeks ago, not knowing much about what he was packing. After small power play we come to a red light. Once green we launch neck and neck until we reached the next light. Hard to tell who would,ve won. only more footage would tell.
thats been my experience too..my bro and I take them out to play all the time. If you stayed with him at the very beginning, you did a very nice launch.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
The 6.1 behaves more like an overhead cam engine. It has tons of power up top and not much down low. The V with its blower has more bottom end power - thus the experiences above with the V taking it from a start but pretty even after that.

·
Registered
488 Posts
wow..thats awesome. You guys are on the leading edge witr those sts-v mods. most are just stock and dyno around the same as a stock srt8 (somewhere in the 370 range, but they do have a bit more torque and it presents itself in the low end)

Yes, I have a modded C, (heavily modded :lol: ), but also a Plum Crazy charger (see pics below), and an sts-v. Your experience sounds about right:

this is my second srt8 and both start off trailing the V from a stop, but catrch it in the very top end. That V is a wicked launcher..I once raced a Grand Cherokee srt8 in it an beleive it or not..launched almost dead even (was behind by 1/3 of a car)
Thank you, nice collection of cars you got there by the way! ...our shops STS-V ran about 366rwhp on the dyno stock, then did all our mods and got about 55rwhp ...heres a vid:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=18868665 <-----my myspace by the way, lol

he have another V that we up the boost to about 15psi, not done with that one yet but it is much faster than our other STS-V with mods ...that supercharger stock keeps boost constant from low rpms throughout the whole power band rpm, keeps it at 9-10psi.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Haven`t been called out on the streets but me and the wife went to the local drag strip and a preety cool guy came in with a nice looking 2006 Mustang Outlaw Edition. We stuck up some conversation and then we were headed to the staging lanes. I cut my best light, best et and best mph ever.
This was on a 1/8 mile track. We raced, me and wife, against him and his buddy , most the night. We were in the winning lane everytime.He was kool about and so was I . He says he is planning on a supercharger very soon. I am sure then it will be no contest.

Scott

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I GOT CALLED OUT THIS MORNING by my girl friend!!! it seems that i didnt look hard anuff when i did laundry last night and ended up washing some of her clothes with mine- i got ugly real fast!!!! i barely made it out of the house with every thing intact today.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts