Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Charger R/T
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting a front end bra for the car to use on road trips. Now before anybody mentions it...I know they will flap and scuff the paint in certain areas. I will tape up those areas prior to getting on the road!
What I'm trying to do is save some money in blue painters tape and save the time puting it on every time I get on the road. Plus I can save the time and elbow greas, removing all the tape too.

Now...my question is...How is the fitment and ease of istallation for these things? Any inputs are welcome.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I would'nt do it just because of the paint rubbing issue. The tape souds like a real pain in the arse, and unless these are fitted extremely well, you are only looking for problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ordered the bra from dodge for the same reason and was so excited to put it on when it came in only to find out it is a major pain in the a** to install. Not worth the time or money. Just keep it waxed up and keep your distance from other vehicles.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i've installed several hundreds of these things.
a. the install couldnt be simpler, Its very basic with pull straps and bent metal brackets its very straight forward and childish . however

a. These will rub the paint, and cause small lines from where the edges move up and down due to body flex
b. sun deteorates paint. The longer the front end mask is on there the more of a difference in paint tone you will notice between exposed paint and paint from under mask
c. Remember, engineers do hours and hours of wind tunnel testing on these vehicles. Every nook and cranny in the body lines is there for a reason , whether cosmetic, to reduce wind noise, or to improve aerodynamics. You completely change the airflow around your vehicle when you cover up these body differences on the front of the car and that can kill gas mileage.

·
Registered
885 Posts
If you only want a bra for road trips, just buy the duplicolor temporary spray on stuff. I have used it 3 times now on major trips through rock throwing semi country and it washes right off when you're done. While I can't tell you how well it protected against rocks since I did not get any chips and it does not show where it deflected any rocks, I can tell you my chrome grille took a couple nice hits, so I KNOW the fascia must have gotten pounded. Not a dent, ding or scratch on it, though.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have the Mopar bra and it fits pefectly, tight and makes the car look even meaner. Has been on for a year now and not one rub mark.

A buddy of mine has had a Ford bra on his Stang for 5 + years... no rub marks or paint loss.

It sure beats the front end looking like it was hit by a sand blaster !!!!!!!!

Plus my baby in a black bra.... WoW !

·
Registered
147 Posts
I used a Bra for my road trip from Florida to New Jersey and yes I had rub marks on my front bumper as well some deep ones due to some small rocks being lodged behind the bra. I was not very happy about at all. Next time I will opt out for the transparent film instead. All the waxing will help with bug guts but not chips. Others have had a better experience with their bra but not me. The great thing about this forum is being able to get feedback from a wide source. good luck.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'll say, first off, I don't like bras on boobies and I definately don't like'em on cars. That being said, it doesn't sound like you're going to leave it on as a permanent fixture, so it should work fine. All of the damage that's caused is caused from long term usage. If you're only going to use it for trips, you should be fine. Personally, I think the blue tape looks BOSS. But, it is a HELLA pain to remove at the show. I'd say go for it. And, given your color scheme, the bra should blend nicely. Just don't get attatched to it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Clearbra

Go with a ClearBra or a identical generic paint protectant (I have generic one...) if you look around you can get them installed for around 500.00. I had it put on my Daytona when the car was a few weeks old after seeing another Charger at a local M&G with one. It is honestly the best mod I have done to the car. After recently driving somewhat quickly on an interstate through some rural areas. I made a pit stop and noticed the entire front end was coated/covered in dead bugs, it looked almost completely black. I sprayed some detailer onto the areas covered by bugs and wiped it all off. Came out totally clean with almost no effort.

Anybody who lives in areas with alot of summer bugs or rock chips needs to get one of these done. Recently moving from South Florida, I'll add that Floridians espicially need to consider getting one due to the damage done by lovebug season. By the way its almost invisible, I have to point it out for anyone to see it and thats only if they are a few feet away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.