Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody with a BONE STOCK or very close to stock (i.e. headers, exhaust, intake) 3.5 has been able to light up 22's. I don't need to know how to do a burnout. I'm well aware of that. But, I know with the higher rotating mass of 22's, and given that the tires are usually sticker, I was wondering if anybody's been able to break them free for more than a small "chirp".

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I Have!!!

Yea i have been able to smoke em up with my 22s! the only thing is it did not last because i didnt want to waste my tires! but yea its possible and also it depends on the type of cement/pavement that your on. My 3.5 is all stock!! 22 inch perellis arent cheap:grin:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have more fun going up curvy highway on-ramps at 45mph+ with esp/bas disabled. :)
But yes, I have also been able to spin my 22s in quite a few parking structures.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I can get them to spin for a short burn from a straight power brake, but I can also slide it pretty good sideways from a slight roll around corners.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I can do donuts in mine... no problem. In fact, today i had to make a quick u-turn in the middle of a 4-lane road and i just fishtailed it right around and took off. I just turn of the esp and put it in 1 and punch it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My boyfriend was able to do it in our driveway... yeah the neighbors love us! He didnt do it for too long because I told him that he was paying for the new tires if he didnt stop. I know nag nag nag.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I will try to get a video of mine slideing sideways. In first gear manual, if I hit a corner about 10mph or so then stomp it as I hit the apex I can slide it all the way out then catch 2nd still sliding. No esp of course. It only slides for a second or two after catching 2nd before it grabs and shoots of straight but it is still fun. Powerbraking I can spin them until I feel they have learned their lesson.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pretty cool.

I was driving down this road getting ready to make a U turn, turned of my Esp then punched it. As soon as I got close to the turn, I pressed down on my brake turned real fast and punched it all the way and it fish tailed....was so cool but I was scared cause it nearly went for the divider. My friend told me that it is not trying to fish tail in a tight spot. It worked and felt good.:headbang:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts