Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get my charger painted in the original Stone White and to look like it did when it was first shipped. I dont want any special effects or extras but dont know how much it should cost. Can anyone help with a general idea of price?

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
3-4k to be perfect inside door jambs, under hood ect.

Tgat # isint made up I asked how much to repaint my buddys truck gloss black and tgey said 4k. It's alot of work to do it right, sanding down, primer, paint, clear.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
3-4k to be perfect inside door jambs, under hood ect.

Tgat # isint made up I asked how much to repaint my buddys truck gloss black and tgey said 4k. It's alot of work to do it right, sanding down, primer, paint, clear.
You might want to get a new keyboard. Your "h" key seems to be a "g" key.:)

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Ya I'm using my phone and it's fuched up there.

·
Registered
312 Posts
To get it back to new, check out Junkman's How To Restore Your Paint videos in the detailing thread. If you don't have a bunch of chips and scratches that go through the clearcoat, a $300 kit from Adams will be a much better/cheaper solution if your willing to put in the time! Just another option for ya. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just remember it's more than just paint. R&i 4 door handles, belt mouldings, mirrors, emblems on fenders, decklid, frt fascia. Roof antenna if applicable. should r&i frt and rear fascia's. Tail lights. The list goes on and on. Don't settle for anything less or you'll be back on here complaining that you got a lousy job. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Paint materials are very expensive too. When I had my stripes painted the PPG paint was 650.00 for the base colors, pearls and clearcoat. Make sure they dont use the cheapest paint it will peel, fade, and chip easy.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
It really depends on how anal you are about the finish. Show car guys with trailer queen rides don't even blink at $7-10k for a mirror finish paint job with a bazillion coats of base and clear that have been hand wet sanded to perfection.

If you're willing to tolerate some orange peel (like almost every Charger I've seen from the factory) then you can probably get by for under a thousand dollars. If you're not changing the color there's absolutely no need to do under the hood/trunk/doorjambs/etc.

Unless your paint has been keyed up, I'd think long and hard about having it repainted. I'd try the professional detailing route unless there was serious damage to the original paint.

Best,

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
It really depends on how anal you are about the finish. Show car guys with trailer queen rides don't even blink at $7-10k for a mirror finish paint job with a bazillion coats of base and clear that have been hand wet sanded to perfection.

If you're willing to tolerate some orange peel (like almost every Charger I've seen from the factory) then you can probably get by for under a thousand dollars. If you're not changing the color there's absolutely no need to do under the hood/trunk/doorjambs/etc.

Unless your paint has been keyed up, I'd think long and hard about having it repainted. I'd try the professional detailing route unless there was serious damage to the original paint.

Best,
your best $ for perfect is still 300$ per pannel. Bumpers x2 hood, trunk 4 corners/doors, roof. It adds up really fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i was thinking off getting my charger re painted same colored as before it waS KEYED IT i heard colored paint its more expensiv than white and black

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
had my chrysler 5th avenue painted in 2006. I took all the trim off and no interior before I brought the car in, and it cost me $4200....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts