Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the Magnaflow cat back and I wondered if anybody local has it so I could give it a listen? Preferably NW suburbs? I'll buy ya a beer, or lunch etc.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am considering the Magnaflow cat back and I wondered if anybody local has it so I could give it a listen? Preferably NW suburbs? I'll buy ya a beer, or lunch etc.
I have part of it on my C. I hate it. I replaced the huge oval rear mufflers with 4in rounds. I added a True X pipe and working on replacing the center muffler. It could be it sounds so bad to me cause of the headers and Cats adding more noise be If i had to do it again I wouldn't.
If your set on getting it thou I'll have all the mufflers for it all you need is some pipe bent. Oh that reminders me the pipes are not true SS there a mix so that means they will turn brown.
Drop good luck
Go with a Borla or Corsa or spend the money and get Zoomers or Billy Boat. Thats my opinion.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have part of it on my C. I hate it. I replaced the huge oval rear mufflers with 4in rounds. I added a True X pipe and working on replacing the center muffler. It could be it sounds so bad to me cause of the headers and Cats adding more noise be If i had to do it again I wouldn't.
If your set on getting it thou I'll have all the mufflers for it all you need is some pipe bent. Oh that reminders me the pipes are not true SS there a mix so that means they will turn brown.
Drop good luck
Go with a Borla or Corsa or spend the money and get Zoomers or Billy Boat. Thats my opinion.
Wow, you are one of the few that I have heard that are unhappy with the sound of it. Might have something to do with the headers too.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Drop good luck
Did you ever have the complete set up on the car or did you lose the rear mufflers right away? I thought the complete magnaflow system was a little quiet for my taste. Not that it's silent or anything, but I like my exhaust LOUD.

It probably sounds a lot like my set up.. The only difference is that I've got Flowmaster mufflers. Good sound for a Charger, bad for a 300..

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Go with Flowmasters.....word of wisdom for the day

·
Registered
140 Posts
Did you ever have the complete set up on the car or did you lose the rear mufflers right away? I thought the complete magnaflow system was a little quiet for my taste. Not that it's silent or anything, but I like my exhaust LOUD.

It probably sounds a lot like my set up.. The only difference is that I've got Flowmaster mufflers. Good sound for a Charger, bad for a 300..
I had the whole dam thing one for about a week. It was very mellow and drony. I hated the huge ovals hanging out the back that's why i went with the rounds also my Magna.
Sorry Magnaflow rep I don't like your system and I'm not alone take a look at LXF you will see a few other members that don't like it. But Yes the Header and High flow cats add to the dislike of the sound.
From the beginning I didn't want this system it was forced on me by a bad dealer telling me it wouldn't look like what i knew it would From seeing it on others cars I knew I wouldn't like the ovals hanging out the back. It take away from the look of the car, but like anything thats one mans opinion.

E

1 - 6 of 6 Posts