Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, how is it installed? I can see from the pic the two mounting parts for the lower part of the upper grille, but what do they attach to? And as far as the bottom piece goes, how is that installed? I am thinking about ordering this and powdercoating it BLACK but wanted to get a idea from those of you who has it of how it was installed.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
All of the grille lower pieces like that that I have seen get screwed onto the two vertical braces in the lower grille opening.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yeah I had a billet one at first and the bottom grille had two L shaped brackets that kind of wrapped around the two vertical braces in the lower grill opening. As you screwed the screws tighter the L would become tighter on the vertical braces. Hard to explain but I was just happy i didn't have to screw anything INTO the bumper because I wasn't sure how long I wanted it on anyhow.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone with this grille in particular though? I am wondering about those mounts that are shown in the pic I posted and how they attach.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Only info I have is....Its the exact same as mine!...And mine is powdercoated black!...and the entire front end needed to come off to install it!...not soo much the bottom part, but the main grill definitely!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
by the way its not that hard to install. You need to take the front bumper off to get it in there. You have to drill holes to mount the grille also if you have a light colored car you will have to paint the inside of the of the bumper black that way the body color doesnt show through. It sound like alot but it only take about 1 hour and your done. Thats is if you have any wrench experience.

·
Registered
257 Posts
dont have to take the front bumper off, u can do it without doing that if u have a certain wrench. and yes paint the inside middle piece black or it will defeat the whole purpose of having it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts