Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to jump my car 4 times this week, and i was thinking if the cold has to do something with it, i took it to dodge and they said all system are a go, i bought a jump starter the 2nd time i had to jump it. anyone else in the boat?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
everyone with bad batteries has to do it

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so im not the only one, thanks, for a battery with a nice size cant believe it cant pull its own when its cold, do people usually buy new batteries?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
if it tests bad yes. Batteries normally last 3 years if maintained and kept clean. Inside vehicle batteries should last 5 years but if you use your reserve (use a lot of things with the car off) or have a stereo of any thump, its not at all uncommon to hhave em wear sooner. A new battery will fix your issue. have someone check the alternator during install

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if it tests bad yes. Batteries normally last 3 years if maintained and kept clean. Inside vehicle batteries should last 5 years but if you use your reserve (use a lot of things with the car off) or have a stereo of any thump, its not at all uncommon to hhave em wear sooner. A new battery will fix your issue. have someone check the alternator during install
all i have is a car alarm, and the dash hawk, but thank you very much, and ill have that checked.
have a good one:rocker:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
make sure you disconnect the dashhawk from the dlc at night. I know it seems like a pain but when the pcm sees something plugged in their it stays awake thinking its being diagnosed by the dealership. The modules should sleep within an hour of key off but sometimes will not if there is something on that line.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
make sure you disconnect the dashhawk from the dlc at night. I know it seems like a pain but when the pcm sees something plugged in their it stays awake thinking its being diagnosed by the dealership. The modules should sleep within an hour of key off but sometimes will not if there is something on that line.
snap i didnt know that, thats why i love this forum, so much knowledge that can be passed on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts