Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Anybody else have this problem and how was it resolved:

I have an 07 Charger RT and the past two weeks it has warmed up in to the 80's here in NJ and my car has stalled twice.

Once while I stopped at a stop light - the oil pressure light came on when it stalled - not sure if that just automatically happens when it stalls. The second time I pulled in to a parking space put it in park and it stalled.

I just had it in to the dealer for routine maintenance and mentioned to them but not sure if they even bothered because I told them it only happened once.

Anybody else have this and what was it so I can mention to dealer.

As always thanks for the help!!

T

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
ooops... sorry for your problem, but I can´t help u... maybe someone else hava an idea about that, or a similar problem ... good luck my friend!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would take it in to the dealer and Tell I mean ask them to put it on the scanner to see if theres any codes that come up. Its under warranty so I wouldnt hesitate.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
could be a couple things....

1. TCM might have a problem, this is worse case
2. Check your gas cap, crack it open if it does it again if it hisses you got some vapor in there, and sometimes that causes the problem, especially after filling up with gas, and mainly when topping off.
3. Check your batteries in you key fob, sometimes when the batteries start to go it will cause the car to stall, these keys have a chip in them that sends a signal to the car to stay running, its part of the sentry key system, that only allows the car to be started, and stay running with the key programmed to the car in it, if the batteries start to go, the signal gets weak, and sometimes makes the car stall...i think every charger owner has experienced this...i know i did...

·
Registered
629 Posts
I had a "near" stalling issue with mine, would happen nearly everytime I drove it. It wouldn't totally shut off but, felt like it was going to.

Got a flash from the dealer, it did it that night, and hasn't done it since.

Go talk to your dealer

·
Registered
277 Posts
My 08 has 10k miles on it now and done it twice, once at low speed in my neighborhood, and another stoping to put the car in reverse to back into a gas pump. I tell the dealer when I take it in and he always says was there a check engine light and it doenst come on only the oil light and it starts right up. He says we wont find anything with a scanner then, which is expected. Check in the problem forum or what ever its called as there are other reports of it happening to people.

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Search the forums. It happens to a lot of folks. Rumor has it that the latest TCM flash is a stealth fix for the problem.

Cheers,

·
Registered
465 Posts
I still have the issues. I'm a hair away from lemon lawing the car. I've had the car at the dealer countless times trying to fix this. They've replaced the computer, front control module, throttle body... nothing! They are about to replace the wiring harness, but I am out of warranty in 1500 miles. This makes me nervous.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2011 charger rallye Plus. And today mine stalled on me for the first time and it freaked me out! Fortunately I was pulling into my driveway when it happened after picking my daughter up from school. As I was turning into the driveway, everything just went dead all of a sudden! No bills, no whistles just everything gone! It started back up instantly though. I honestly didn't know what to make of it and I doubt anyone else could either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts