Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have HID's and hate wasting an ignition when I unlock my car multiple times a day.

I do not have EVIC....

Is there a sequence or can the dealer do this for me?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and to think I was just bashing some guy in the wheel/tire forum for the same thing....

Sorry, and thanks!

·
Registered
964 Posts
hey sLOWDOHC you are trying to turn off the headlights from comin on when you unlock right... i know that you can stop the flashing parking lamps from flashing... ive been tryin to find something to turn the headlights from turnin on when unlockin also.. i also have HIDs and i hate it when they turn on just for unlockin your car..

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah exactly. the ballasts will only ignite so many times (but well into the thousands I guess...) and I hate using them for just unlocking the damn car.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
When I press my unlock once my lights dont come on... only when i press it twice

·
Registered
964 Posts
well my headlights sometimes turn on when i press once on the unlock also... so me and sLOWDOHC and im sure other folks want to turn off that feature....

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe its the way the unlock sequence is programed then.

Ive read theres way to have them all unlock at one press of the button or dr door, than the rest...

but as of now, its one hit for dr door, and another for the other 3....

·
Registered
964 Posts
The instructions I posted were from section 2, page 23 of the 2006 LX owners manual. It is titled "To Turn Off "Flash Lights On Lock/Unlock".

It should work for you.
yea it does work but thats to turn the flashing lights on and off.. we are trying to turn of the headlights from comin on when unlockin..thanks by the way

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do not have EVIC (as previously stated) or my manual. Why do people keep them when they trade the car in!?

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have HID's and hate wasting an ignition when I unlock my car multiple times a day.

I do not have EVIC....

Is there a sequence or can the dealer do this for me?
Funny we both seek the same. Ok here is the Low Down. We can't turn them off; (not as of yet) I am still searching. Since we have Hid's the afore mentioned threads do not apply to Hid's only stock lighting. I took my R/T to my local dealership where I am tight with the Service Manager and even the starscan can not turn them off. Simply put they I guess they are controlled via ballast and different relay's. I am trying to find a way as soon as I do I will let you know and others as well.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome, thanks.

Im wondering if major surgery is needed...Honestly, Im willing to take it there...:)

I wonder if this is a BCM thing, and a new lead from the headlight switch itself to the ballast relays would do the trick...

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
My lights stay on automatic so I dont know, but if you have the light switch turned to off, do they still turn on with unlock?

Also, ive always wondered, Does the auto headlamp function still work once you install HIDs? If not, how do they turn on / off, through the factory light switch or a seperate switch that comes with the kit?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont have autolights. My car is base...only has a hemi. :D

I would imagine the auto headlights (with aftermarket hid's) work the same as factory.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Hmmm, couldnt someone wire in a toggle switch to the power supply for the ballasts this way unless you flick the switch to give them juice, they cant ignite?

·
Registered
928 Posts
you could do that with a switch.

im going to go play with my evic now, if you need me ill be outside turning this setting on and off ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts