Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2013 Charger SE V6 and if there's one thing i hate is that the reception on the radio is terrible. Every once in a while FM stations are good and the quality is fine. My question is, Is there anyway to replace the antenna or add a better higher quality antenna to my charger? Is it even possible to add a HD antenna to the 4.3 inch radios to get better quality?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Not sure. Ive got the 8.4n and have the same issue. Sometimes it's good sometimes not. I actually listen to music most of the time on my SD card now. I got tired of the radio reception.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Best bet would be go on eBay and buy a USB SD card reader. I think it should work!

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,516 Posts
Is it even possible to add a HD antenna to the 4.3 inch radios to get better quality?
There is no HD antenna!

HD radio uses the same antenna that regular radio does, just like HDTV uses the same antenna that analog TV does!

Only the tuners are different!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

Has anyone come up with a fix for the terrible FM radio reception?...I was thinking and FM signal booster...or maybe a tinfoil hat.

I was hoping someone else had tried the FM booster before I tear my radio out to try it....

Thanks!
ccbenn

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ditto on the radio, I have a 2013 SE, I use a 3GB USB Stick plugged in under the Arm rest, stick was 5.99 at staples.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts