Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to figure out if i was supposed to have some sort of cross pipe when the muffler shop put two seperate magnaflows on? the pipes just come back each into a seperate muffler and come out the back with the tips on the end. now i've read v8 exhaust have this cross pipe so i'm trying to figure if when my shop did this dual exhaust if i was supposed to have this cross pipe also.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
trying to figure out if i was supposed to have some sort of cross pipe when the muffler shop put two seperate magnaflows on? the pipes just come back each into a seperate muffler and come out the back with the tips on the end. now i've read v8 exhaust have this cross pipe so i'm trying to figure if when my shop did this dual exhaust if i was supposed to have this cross pipe also.

I believe the x-pipe is the way to go. I have duals w/out the x-pipe and it runs fine. The guys on here that have them have reported more torque w/x-pipe.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well basically the car seems sluggish after i got the exhaust done, wondered if they did something wrong or didnt give me a pipe i should have had. dont know if thats normal to have to step on the gas a lil harder after having the duals put on.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Give it a couple of days while your computer relearns the new exhaust system.....this may make a difference.......do you have the 2.7 or the 3.5?

I installed the factory 5.7 Hemi exhaust to my 3.5.........it has an X pipe built in.........no problems at all.........but i also have a cold air intake and the Jet Chip.

Ed

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
Hiya,

I would assume that the shop just put on whatever was ordered. Did it all come in a kit, or is it somewhat "custom". Either way, I would guess they just put on what they were told to. If the kit did not come with an X-pipe, or one was not ordered, then it was not put on, that's all.

I have the stock, R/T exhaust on mine and it did include the X-pipe, which was included with that system. From what I have read here and elsewhere, I think it's a good addition to the system.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I didnt know you could install stock Hemi exhaust to a 3.5 SE. is it dual and how much can I pick it up for? is it worth it? and can you feel the gains at all. I want something dual on the back of my car, but since its not a V8 I dont want to it be loud

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the 3.5 sxt. We didnt order the magnaflow kit but the guy gave me two magnaflows side by side, used their tubing, and then I got two magnaflow tips. Yes, you can get a stock exhaust like the v8 as my muffler guy gave me this option. There should be some for sale on here from the guys with v8s wanting something even louder. Ok, so the car seems like I gotta step on the gas harder since the exhaust was done, would a cai help this? And is the car fine without an xpipe beings there are two seperate muffflers?

·
Registered
316 Posts
i have true duals on a 2.7 (dont laugh i like it) there is not an x pipe in my set up. What i found is that the car drags a bit under 3k rpm, but will take off after 3k. I talked with an exhaust guy about this and he told me that an xpipe would help equalize the pressure from each side of the motor and in theory you would get more low end torque. He also said that anything you gain on the low end from tweaking the exhaust you will lose on the top end. so i guess you have to pick your poison. I am in no way an expert, so this is just what i have heard.

·
Registered
9,031 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I got the Exhaust Depot set up with the X pipe and it souds and looks great. When they ran dyno numbers, just the addition of the X pipe added 12 ft/lbs of tq and something like 5 more horses. It evens out the backpressure and is a slightly quieter sound, however is in no way quiet. I think the X is worth it if you are getting something from scratch, but doesn't make a big enough difference to add it after you already have a true dual as it is. IMO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a custom true dual exhaust setup at my local muffler shop. However, it was way too loud. So I tried 2 different free flow mufflers and ended up putting two stock ones on. It is not so loud anymore, but I get a lot of vibration and hum inside my car. I'm thinking of trying to dynamat the trunk. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
I got the Exhaust Depot set up with the X pipe and it souds and looks great. When they ran dyno numbers, just the addition of the X pipe added 12 ft/lbs of tq and something like 5 more horses. It evens out the backpressure and is a slightly quieter sound, however is in no way quiet. I think the X is worth it if you are getting something from scratch, but doesn't make a big enough difference to add it after you already have a true dual as it is. IMO.
Is it the mandrel bent set-up? With or without Resonators?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Is it the mandrel bent set-up? With or without Resonators?
Mandrel bent with the X pipe. I thought they all had resonators, I have it without resonated tips if that what you mena, just how ED shipped it, but welded up.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mandrel bent with the X pipe. I thought they all had resonators, I have it without resonated tips if that what you mena, just how ED shipped it, but welded up.
Well I did have that same set-up you have before but it was too quiet for me. It was without resonated tips though. But it had the 2 resonators after the x-pipe. Anyway, I had Hector take off my resonator's but it sounds a little too loud now. Can I hear your set-up?

Anyone else have any ideas how to bring the tone down?

I have the x-pipe mandrel bent set-up with no resonator's at all. Whne I had the resonator's it was too low for me. My favorite sound was the press-bent set-up without the x-pipe and with resonators but it didn't add as much performance as my current set-up.

What to do??

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Well I did have that same set-up you have before but it was too quiet for me. It was without resonated tips though. But it had the 2 resonators after the x-pipe. Anyway, I had Hector take off my resonator's but it sounds a little too loud now. Can I hear your set-up?

Anyone else have any ideas how to bring the tone down?

I have the x-pipe mandrel bent set-up with no resonator's at all. Whne I had the resonator's it was too low for me. My favorite sound was the press-bent set-up without the x-pipe and with resonators but it didn't add as much performance as my current set-up.

What to do??
Mine is definitely loud, I don't have a decent camera to get sound clips. Ask a member called blackandchrome on ED's section. He was trying to get sound clips and he has the same set up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just my two cents... after doing some trial and error with different set-ups I found that for the 3.5 a single in duel out is the best way to go. I tried a true duel flowmaster system and it just seemed as if the car didn't create enough back pressure and I felt like I lost a lot, especially in the lower RPMs. Again thats just my two cents. Wish I had the money, I would have dynoed all the exhausts I tried.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts