Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2006 3.5l and so far I have replaced the stock suitcase muffler with a flowmaster 40 and removed the rear resonator. It seems that my next option would be headers and a high flow cat. I know there are headers out there for the 3.5l v6, but I haven't come accross any high flow cats for our chargers. Does anyone make some for our v6's? Can the high flow cats for the hemi guys be modified for us? If not, has anyone cleared out their stock cat and has there been any problems like throwing codes when you did so? Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
there are many brands for cat back , like zoomers , magnaflow , borla , corsa , and many others.... i have borla dual cat back exhaust for my 3.5l charger , they sound very good , but if u want a very loud sound i guess u need magnaflow cat back...
about headers , the most common i guess is JBA headers , i dunno much about it but am gonna buy it soon :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the link!! I already have replaced stock exhaust from the suitcase back, but now Im looking to replace the cat converter and headers. Will the magnaflow cat make much of a difference without the headers or should I wait and do both together?

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I remember reading somewhere in the forums that the cats on the 3.5 are already considered "high flow" and that the addition of aftermarket high flow cats does very little, if anything, for our cars. Can anyone else confirm/verify that? I'll be getting my headers once the Diablo tuner comes out, and if it would be a significant benefit, I'll add high flow cats to the order as well.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I remember reading somewhere in the forums that the cats on the 3.5 are already considered "high flow" and that the addition of aftermarket high flow cats does very little, if anything, for our cars. Can anyone else confirm/verify that? I'll be getting my headers once the Diablo tuner comes out, and if it would be a significant benefit, I'll add high flow cats to the order as well.
A friend of mine who works for a custom car shop told me that the High Flow Cats really only make a difference when your talking about big block, blown, super-turbo charged or strokers. In other words unless you turning it into a Hot Rod the stock cats will do just fine, my friend told me that we have some of the best stock cats he has ever seen. Don't waste your money my friend.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Ive heard the same about our cats that there already a good size Id probably go straight pipe if anything. That would be later on down the road once more new mods come.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Thanks for the link!! I already have replaced stock exhaust from the suitcase back, but now Im looking to replace the cat converter and headers. Will the magnaflow cat make much of a difference without the headers or should I wait and do both together?
Once yo do get either your exhaust or headers or both you might feel a little sluggish at first but dont worry it will get better. Check out 402 motorsport one of our vendors they have pretty good deals on packages....Good luck..........

·
Registered
503 Posts
The cat on my old LH was a single unit under the car.. the 3.5L in the LX are dual and if I recall the same as the 5.7 cats.

That all said, when the stock ones wear out (and they are basically a consumable item), the marginal increase to replace them with high-flow cats may be worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts