Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yea, 275/45/20's are way over sized for your charger(too tall). They will also likely rub in the front. If you have $1900 CDN to spend for a set of rims and tires, that should be easy for you to find a good set that fit better and will keep your speedo more accurate, as well as less additional stress on your drive train.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sorry, I was reading the thread on the 275/45R20's and have that number in my head. :dead: I have the correct sizing of 275/40R20's on those rims. According to the rim calculator website I use my speedo will be out just slightly slow. When doing 100KHM, I will actually be doing 98KHM. I have edited the main post to reflect such. I do like the rims, just seeing what others thought and it is one hell of a deal. I can get those rims with rubber plus put snows on my stock 18's for the cost of those rims alone brand new.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yea your 275/40 puts your speedo about 2.3 % slower but even tho my 275/45 are off by a couple more % i'm gonna keep them cause i already spent so much on wheels that i dont want to pay more for the 245/45 or 255/45 they were running 50-100 more per tire. they look good, dont rub, plus your 275/40 should look like a more low profile tire and i dont like that look as well as a thicker tire. p.s. this is an awesome tire calculator: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts