Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I make sure my Charger order is placed with the factory, and not one from off the lot that's been hacked? Example, a friend a of mine ordered a Charger RT with the Power Sunroof. The local dealers, at the time, only had one that matched the color and the packages he wanted, but no sunroof. We had stopped in and looked at the car after seeing the Window Sticker and Vin # on the dealers website.

Apparently they went back and were going to install an aftermarket sunroof, for an additional $1200 as opposed to the original $950 option from Dodge. (Wouldn't that add-in not be covered by the cars warranty?)

Short of ordering an SRT-8, any tricks as to how I can follow mine through the production stage all the way through to delivery?

:confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not sure if this is any help, but my last truck I ordered said "Built exclusively for" and my name, or something similar to that right on the window sticker.

·
Registered
245 Posts
When I orderd my Durango, it had my name on the window sticker.
Looks pretty cool, when it says Built especially for (your name here).

·
Registered
608 Posts
Jadkyl said:
How can I make sure my Charger order is placed with the factory, and not one from off the lot that's been hacked? Example, a friend a of mine ordered a Charger RT with the Power Sunroof. The local dealers, at the time, only had one that matched the color and the packages he wanted, but no sunroof. We had stopped in and looked at the car after seeing the Window Sticker and Vin # on the dealers website.

Apparently they went back and were going to install an aftermarket sunroof, for an additional $1200 as opposed to the original $950 option from Dodge. (Wouldn't that add-in not be covered by the cars warranty?)

Short of ordering an SRT-8, any tricks as to how I can follow mine through the production stage all the way through to delivery?

:confused:
Hey Jadky, this may help. Once you order the charger, the dealer will give you a von, which you can then track by caling 800-992-1997. They can give you the details as the status changes. Then, once you get a VIN,or at any time before that, you can go to www.bramptonassembly.com, click onto bulletins, and make a dontation, $25.00, and they can track it for you right through assembly. Also there is some good info there. Hope this is of some help to you :whistle:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts