Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have 103,000 on my SRT8! I have had no problems at all.....I even still have the stock battery

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
congrats! Im about to turn 50k on my daytona and im gonna have a fit!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I now have 103,000 on my SRT8! I have had no problems at all.....I even still have the stock battery
Glad to hear it! I have only 53K on mine and she's still a beast. I suspect with ultra good maintainance and a little luck these babies will go 500K...ok, at least I'm gonna try!:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Heading towards 75K here. Never s niffle, except for the outer tie rod ends. Did those myself for about $120.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
any major problems? how hard do you drive your car?

Heading towards 75K here. Never s niffle, except for the outer tie rod ends. Did those myself for about $120.
any major problems? how hard do you drive your car?

i have a heavy foot and like to get on it.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Mine finally died with 262K miles on it

I started another threat to tell the story

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I just hit 135k...still a tank! Routine maintenance and upkeep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm almost at 120K on mine. It is all about that routine maintenance to keep everything going.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm at 138k. No problems with the engine other than the recent Throttle Valve - burns maybe a 1/4qt of oil between oil changes. Torque converter lock-up clutch started slipping around 110k - ProTorque 2800 converter took care of that ;)

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Mine just hit 115k. Still going strong!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm almost at 120K on mine. It is all about that routine maintenance to keep everything going.
I'm at 138k. No problems with the engine other than the recent Throttle Valve - burns maybe a 1/4qt of oil between oil changes. Torque converter lock-up clutch started slipping around 110k - ProTorque 2800 converter took care of that ;)
Mine just hit 115k. Still going strong!
I just hit 135k...still a tank! Routine maintenance and upkeep.
You all give me solace for spending so much on a car. I almost feel like I should've kept my '13 R/T Daytona sometimes... it was a nice car, and I had it halfway paid off in a year. Got killed on my trade though, and I'm paying about $712 a month for my SRT for just the note. As long as it lasts I suppose!

How's the body/paint holding up?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
You all give me solace for spending so much on a car. I almost feel like I should've kept my '13 R/T Daytona sometimes... it was a nice car, and I had it halfway paid off in a year. Got killed on my trade though, and I'm paying about $712 a month for my SRT for just the note. As long as it lasts I suppose!

The body and paint on mine are still in great shape with the exception of the front fascia and rear spoiler where the clear coat has peeled. It was a factory defect on the '06 cars that they fixed on later years.

Those ABS/urethane parts were painted separately from the steel body and used an improper process for the clear that didn't bond well to the base coat. Over time, pin holes in the clear from normal wear allowed water in and caused the clear to bubble and lift.

No worries for me though since 10 years of normal road sandblasting would have made me want to repaint the front fascia anyway. Doing the rear spoiler with it is a minor additional cost.

Besides, I'm replacing the front fascia and rear spoiler in a few months anyway with something completely different...

:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts

Other than needing to get the paint redone on the spoiler as the clearcoat is coming up my paint is still in really good condition. I need to get my passenger quarter panel replaced/looked at. Somehow it managed to warp it self. I'll post pictures later

·
Registered
102 Posts

Paint and body are in great shape on mine. The front fascia has some normal 138k mile rock chips, but none of the paint is faded or pealing. She does need a rub out and wax this spring though.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Guy in my local car group has an 06 (or 07?) SRT with like 105K miles on it. Beats the living crap out of it so the general consensus among us is that he won't get past 150K, if that.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
^^ Keep us posted. The SRT track program had cars with a lot of track only miles without any issues. When you say beat on it, what does that involve?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Just broke 96,000 on my 06 SRT this weekend.
Still runs great.
Body and paint, well hard to say; she had a "facelift" and make over in the fall of 2014. Acid rain burns in the clear and hail dings from previous owner neglect.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Guy in my local car group has an 06 (or 07?) SRT with like 105K miles on it. Beats the living crap out of it so the general consensus among us is that he won't get past 150K, if that.
Why?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts