Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about the offset rally stripes that I really like, but wondered if anyone out there with a silver (preferably the lighter billet or titanium silver) has any blue decals or stripes on their ride?

Thanks in advance. I've been combing through the member galleries and couldn't find any.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's another forum?! Don't worry I won't cheat on you guys. You're my one and only.

As for the stripes that tells me I don't want the metallic color, and I probably want a deeper blue. Now all I gotta do is find it!

Edit: THANK YOU...by the way.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Thinking about the offset rally stripes that I really like, but wondered if anyone out there with a silver (preferably the lighter billet or titanium silver) has any blue decals or stripes on their ride?

Thanks in advance. I've been combing through the member galleries and couldn't find any.
Honestly I think it could be sweet. My Mopar CAI intake is the same silver on our cars and it has the Mopar logo on it (which is blue of course) I think if you do it right it could look pretty sweet.

Also, keep in mind that silver is a complete neutral color so it can pretty much work with anything! I think it would look pretty sweet, if you want post a picture of your car and if I (or any other 'shoppers out there) have time we'll Photoshop your ride for you to get an idea how it might look. The clearer the photo the better, none of those grainy photos that look like you took it with a potato. :alfdance:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly I think it could be sweet. My Mopar CAI intake is the same silver on our cars and it has the Mopar logo on it (which is blue of course) I think if you do it right it could look pretty sweet.

Also, keep in mind that silver is a complete neutral color so it can pretty much work with anything! I think it would look pretty sweet, if you want post a picture of your car and if I (or any other 'shoppers out there) have time we'll Photoshop your ride for you to get an idea how it might look. The clearer the photo the better, none of those grainy photos that look like you took it with a potato. :alfdance:
I wasn't planning on getting the Mopar CAI but I see what you're getting at. Continuity is key when it comes to color combinations.

here's some pictures, have at it guys!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I wasn't planning on getting the Mopar CAI but I see what you're getting at. Continuity is key when it comes to color combinations.

here's some pictures, have at it guys!
I was just using that as an example, not saying you should or shouldn't get one :beerchug:

By the way, you know what kind of blue you're thinking of?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just using that as an example, not saying you should or shouldn't get one :beerchug:

By the way, you know what kind of blue you're thinking of?
I know bud, it's all good!

I was thinking a dark blue, instead of the metallic blue I've seen. I google'd "silver car blue stripe" and found some great pics. Mostly Mustangs as it turned out.

This one in particular gave me a chubby.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc416/tdshelby/IMG_20111022_155609.jpg

Seeing now that this color scheme is the one used in the new Need for Speed custom GT500 as well.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I did a quick 'Shop job, but I think it gets the idea across. I personally dig it!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DAAAAAMNN dude you're pretty amazing to do it that fast?! Sweet!

If you still got the Chop open would you mind doing the fender stripes over the quarterpanel in the same color and remove the racing stripes?

Like the ones in the link from earlier in the thread, Velocity from the other forum. I'm debating the offset stripe vs the fender stripes. I like subtle, and and wondering if the full stripe is too much for me.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
DAAAAAMNN dude you're pretty amazing to do it that fast?! Sweet!

If you still got the Chop open would you mind doing the fender stripes over the quarterpanel in the same color and remove the racing stripes?

Like the ones in the link from earlier in the thread, Velocity from the other forum. I'm debating the offset stripe vs the fender stripes. I like subtle, and and wondering if the full stripe is too much for me.
You mean the warrior stripes?

Sure thing man, actually I want to do those too but in dark graphite. I'll see if I can get to it in a couple minutes.

And thanks for the compliment! I do graphic design so if I have any down time I like to do this 'Shops for members to help out from time to time. :beerchug:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seriously you're making this pretty easy for me to visualize, really great work. I know it's "what you do" but it's nice seeing someone take some pride in their work.

I've seen those warrior stripes in different places, including right over the wheel well?

Also, do you know the offset stripe that I mentioned?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Year-DO...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19cbf07b28

you mentioned a graphite color that you're considering as well, what's that look like?

BTW if I'm asking too much here just tell me to piss off. I'm giddy that I have a resource like you that can show me what I'm trying to picture in my head.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
damn that's a lot of metallic in those stripes from the other forum

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright i ordered some cheap warrior stripes off ebay in blue and will see what they look like. Worst case scenario they come off, right?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I played a little bit really quick with your pic. The single"mopar 11" stripe with the warrior stripe closer to the wheel well.

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is bitchin, you are truly an artist. That rally stripe looks great. Obviously I'll go with one or the other.

The decals do come off right? I've never done much exterior styling before.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Thank you.......
Yes they do come off. I've never removed any of them myself, but I guess it's not too hard to do from what I understand.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
right, from what I've read they're intended to stay on when you want them to but come off if you intentionally try to remove them.

RIGHT ON.....can't thank you enough. You are really talented to be able to do this as fast as you did.

The next question is can anyone speak to different quality of decals? I've seen the rally stripe on ebay from one seller for $71 but on places like Ridergrafix (site sponsor) for $179. Anyone have opinions on this?

1 - 20 of 459 Posts