Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
killed some bugs driving home from work on the highway...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
well i thought i had a kill.. a good one that i didnt expect. but i got my smirk wiped off.

so im cruising down the beltway and see a mustang cobra on the road(not the new body style) with a younger guy, 30 or so, in it, windows down, girlfriend in the pass seat. figured hed probably wanna have fun but wasnt sure.

i pull past him slowly and notice he keeps pace. we pace up to like 85 or 90 together and both sit onto the pedal aorund 90-92 at the exact same time. i pulled on him and kept pulling up to about 125, then all of a sudden he just flew past me.

i mean... flew. like i was pulling at 125, and all of a sudden he was past me... when he went by i could hear the pulley on his supercharger and in my rearview mirror(previous to him passing me) i could see the huge hump in the middle of his hood.

i still cant figure it out, all i can figure is that he had nos, or red lined the **** outta his car by down shifting into 3rd to pass me. then back up to 4th once he was past again.

i have no idea. im still confused. i almost think it HAD to be nos.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
The only things I killed today is a bunch of brain cells

·
Registered
135 Posts
well i thought i had a kill.. a good one that i didnt expect. but i got my smirk wiped off.

so im cruising down the beltway and see a mustang cobra on the road(not the new body style) with a younger guy, 30 or so, in it, windows down, girlfriend in the pass seat. figured hed probably wanna have fun but wasnt sure.

i pull past him slowly and notice he keeps pace. we pace up to like 85 or 90 together and both sit onto the pedal aorund 90-92 at the exact same time. i pulled on him and kept pulling up to about 125, then all of a sudden he just flew past me.

i mean... flew. like i was pulling at 125, and all of a sudden he was past me... when he went by i could hear the pulley on his supercharger and in my rearview mirror(previous to him passing me) i could see the huge hump in the middle of his hood.

i still cant figure it out, all i can figure is that he had nos, or red lined the **** outta his car by down shifting into 3rd to pass me. then back up to 4th once he was past again.

2003ish Cobra Terminator. Factory blown. Don't no stock numbers but I do know with less then $2000 they can be touching 500 rwhp... I was nose to nose with one in my bolt on GTO. They are tough. He was prolly modded. Can't find many that aren't.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Something like this?

They came from the factory with this sexy hood. I love these cars.

·
Registered
689 Posts

Hmmm... A stock '03 Cobra is 390 HP in a 3600 lb. car. Assuming, like most of the owners he did some simple mods to at least get over 400HP, I do not really see you beating him if he was actually trying. My brother had a '03 and stock it was, to me, not comparable to a RT I rode in. Are you sure this was a Cobra? You did say you heard the Supercharger, which they have from factory, but I am not seeing why he would need NOS to pull on you. Good story though.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
exactly like that, but not in the best condition. cept the middle hump.. i dont know if it was that wide.

none the less. how the hell did he all of a sudden blow past me at 125 mph when i was pulling on him from 90-120?

and i wasnt expecting to beat a cobra(i saw the cobra in his grille, is how i know... when i was pulling on him) from a dig, but from a 85 mph roll, i think itd be close, and i was pullin slow on him, maybe he was just jackin with me in 5th gear(would they be in 5th at 120? theyre a 6 speed right?) and popped into 4th and romped me good.

after we came down to speed i pulled up next to him and gave him a big thumbs up and got one in return. was a fun :)

·
Registered
898 Posts
maybe he wasnt even trying at first

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'd still take my Charger over any Mustang any day of the week. There is so much more to a car than how fast it can go, especially if it's a daily driver. The ride of a Charger (in my R/T at least) makes the Mustang GT I had look and feel very subpar and pathetic by comparison. Mustangs just ride too rough. Chargers are closer to luxury sedans. Except these are luxury sedans that can blow the doors off of almost any stock Mustang and just about any other car for that matter. I'd say that stang had to be a mod. As was said earlier, it is hard to find one that isn't.

·
Registered
90 Posts
limiter

hahahaha i wonder what ur face looked like as he passed u.lmao:nervous s
Isn't the RT limited at 125 or so stock? that prolly explains it if he is not limited at those speeds it can look like that.

PS...the Cobra is very capable of handling an RT or anything 5.7 stock with no problems.

Good story though

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mustangs just ride too rough. Chargers are closer to luxury sedans. Except these are luxury sedans that can blow the doors off of almost any stock Mustang and just about any other car for that matter. I'd say that stang had to be a mod. As was said earlier, it is hard to find one that isn't.
I think if you road in the latest gen Mustang you would find they have a much more refined ride than the SN-95 or FOX Mustangs. They would never be considered luxurious but people don't really buy muscle cars for luxury.

I smoked a GT500 on Sunday that was fun. We were both at a light and the road merged from two laned to one. When the light went green we both hit it.
Sunday the week before I raced and beat three GT500s and two Terminator Cobras during the big Mustang shoot-out eliminations at our drag strip.
Then I lost to a Torino when I threw a supercharger belt on my launch.
(drippy ice bags between races got my pulley wet)

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I got on the NJTPK at Exit 4 today and a LS430 with dealer plates pulled up to my bumper. I hit the left lane and took off. He couldn't follow the move so he got stuck behind in traffic. Being the good sport that I am I waited for him in a clear spot ahead. After about 5 minutes he came flying up on my bumper when I was doing 85 already.

Bad luck for him. I hit it any by 120 had put several car lengths on him. Dude was pretty cool. When I slowed down he pulled alongside and gave me the thums up. We rolled at 100 for the next 15 miles to exit 2. He was smart because he slowed to 70mph right before the speed trap that is always right before the exit.

So tonight I take my son to his football game in a town about 20 miles away and you would not believe who is there - the LS430. The guy looks at me and cracks up laughing. Our sons were playing against each other in football tonight.

Oh yeah, my son's team won 13-0.

Today was a good day

Ice Cube

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
hahahaha i wonder what ur face looked like as he passed u.lmao:nervous s
Isn't the RT limited at 125 or so stock? that prolly explains it if he is not limited at those speeds it can look like that.

PS...the Cobra is very capable of handling an RT or anything 5.7 stock with no problems.

Good story though

my face didnt change. i was just too much like.. wait.. what just happened? i was just confused. lol.

and no, ive gotten my car up to 143 or so. could hit governor of 149 easy if i had the stretch. havnt tried to find a solid back road for it yet.

it takes me about a mile to hit 140. i just cant really afford to get arrested. and i dont have hte balls to speed over 100 for half a mile on open road.. .specially with my tires that are on their last leg.

once i get my high flow cats and diablo put on ill be raising my speedo once i get some new tires(within a couple months) and ill see what i can do with this beast.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Came to a red light and out my passenger side window i see her. She was the meanest looking chick i ever seen and she wanted to go with me. So i said f$$k this bi%^h, and peeled out and left that 8yr old on her huffy scared s$%tless.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts