Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the Club as a deterrent to stop losing their car ?
Are they effective?

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
275 Posts
geez I haven't used one of those since the 90's. Do they even sell them anywhere anymore? Not a bad idea anything to stop losing your ride is a plus in my book.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use the brake pedel club. No way of getting that out unless you walk around with a plasma cutter. Seeing that all pts cars are easy to steal with a repeater. I'm taking no chances

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Most are shocked to learn that these cars have no locking steering column so probably not a bad idea.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
Really? Go on youtube, see how quick & easy they are to defeat.
I have the square tube one. It's in a box somewhere. No idea if I have the key.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went on the net and the club is useless
Anyone have a proven method to prevent theft ?
Open to ideas !!!!!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Exactly! Prevent theft? That is impossible. Go to YouTube and watch the repo guys, they can take your ride in seconds.

Now for once it's gone, a GPS tracking device or service might help you get it back but that's about it.

Many have added a hidden fuel pump relay switch, guess that's better than nothing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Many have added a hidden fuel pump relay switch, guess that's better than nothing.
I'll tell you what I like about the fuel pump switch: Everything.

It's cheap, easy, and simple to install and use.

What makes it different is this; a thief will work around all manner of roadblocks to start your car and drive off with it, but when it sputters to a stop in the middle of the street, he's not likely to spend a lot of time troubleshooting the problem.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'll tell you what I like about the fuel pump switch: Everything.

It's cheap, easy, and simple to install and use.

What makes it different is this; a thief will work around all manner of roadblocks to start your car and drive off with it, but when it sputters to a stop in the middle of the street, he's not likely to spend a lot of time troubleshooting the problem.
Unfortunately that won't stop a tow truck.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Unfortunately that won't stop a tow truck.
Fortunately, most car thieves would rather not draw that much attention to themselves. Plus there's the whole "owning, borrowing, or stealing a tow truck" thing.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Nothing anchored to the steering wheel will work. They cut through the wheel and separate the cut to remove the club.

A quick disconnect steering wheel is what I would use to hamper a drive-away theft. Finding one that still retains all of the functions they incorporate in today's steering wheels would be a head scratcher.

Guess I'll just maintain full insurance coverage in case.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Good insurance and an aftermarket GPS tracker.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Take all your wheels off. The theives will think you have already been victimized and move on to the next car

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had a ZO6 stolen. From the airport parking lot. Video saw a flatbed back up to the car, hook some chains, angled the flat bed & pulled it(dragged) right on to it. It was less then a minute. Then drove off. They got 10 cars that weekend. Never got caught never got car back.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
275 Posts
I had a ZO6 stolen. From the airport parking lot. Video saw a flatbed back up to the car, hook some chains, angled the flat bed & pulled it(dragged) right on to it. It was less then a minute. Then drove off. They got 10 cars that weekend. Never got caught never got car back.
Heart breaking. I'd love to catch these people who do this.

·
Registered
863 Posts
There was a movie several years ago & from what I remember a bad guy had an aerosol can & sprayed the underside of the handle on a minivan’s rear cargo door. Another bad guy came along & went to open the hatch, thereby touching the sprayed area & died within seconds. Maybe something similar but less powerful could temporarily paralyze a thief for a few hours.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The Jackal.

Reactions: Torquer
1 - 20 of 24 Posts