Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to see if anyone has an R/T with the Road & Track package yet? Looking for pics of a bright silver one.

Here are all the items listed on the Road & Track package directly from the Charger brochure:

Includses all standard equippment from the R/T model except where additions are noted

5.7-liter HEMI with air intake and exhaust tuning to achieve 350 hp :)

Performance, 9-land steering gear with firm damping, provides enhanced steering response

Performance Nivomat load-leveling rear shock absorbers

Performance tuned dual exhaust with bright tips, uniquely tuned for throaty rumble

Performance seats w/preferred suede inserts

Dual zone automatic temperature conrol

Heated front seats

Power driver's and front-passenger seats

Performance suspension

Power adjustable pedals

18" polished sluminum wheels with painted black accentsand VR18 Michelin AS performance tires

·
Registered
111 Posts
87 Buick GN said:
Wanted to see if anyone has an R/T with the Road & Track package yet? Looking for pics of a bright silver one.

Dual zone automatic temperature control

Heated front seats

Power driver's and front-passenger seats

Power adjustable pedals

The above items are also included in the standard R/T if you add the Convenience Group II package as an option...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Here's a bright silver with the R/T Performance Group. You can tell by the wheels:

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
I wish I had mine so I could put up pics :whistle:

·
Registered
14 Posts
jvs60 said:
Here's a bright silver with the R/T Performance Group. You can tell by the wheels:
the wheels aren't the giveaway that a Charger has the Road & Track Performance Group installed. My R/T has 18s just like this one and the other upgraded options in the Convenience Group II, Dual zone automatic temperature control, Heated front seats, Power driver's and front-passenger seats, Power adjustable pedals.

But I definitely don't have air intake and exhaust tuning to achieve 350 hp. Performance, 9-land steering gear with firm damping, provides enhanced steering response. Performance Nivomat load-leveling rear shock absorbers. Performance tuned dual exhaust with bright tips, uniquely tuned for throaty rumble or Performance seats w/preferred suede inserts.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
BJamN said:
the wheels aren't the giveaway that a Charger has the Road & Track Performance Group installed. My R/T has 18s just like this one and the other upgraded options in the Convenience Group II, Dual zone automatic temperature control, Heated front seats, Power driver's and front-passenger seats, Power adjustable pedals.

But I definitely don't have air intake and exhaust tuning to achieve 350 hp. Performance, 9-land steering gear with firm damping, provides enhanced steering response. Performance Nivomat load-leveling rear shock absorbers. Performance tuned dual exhaust with bright tips, uniquely tuned for throaty rumble or Performance seats w/preferred suede inserts.

actually the wheels are a giveaway... they are the same wheels, but with black painted pockets...

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I'm confused... :(

I thought we had established that the R&T had everything the Daytona had except the 10HP boost and the throaty exhaust? Now that brochure you referenced is saying it does?

Huh?

·
Registered
245 Posts
The R/T Perf Grp is a Daytona, without the special paint, rear spoiler, front spoiler, body graphics, and stitching on the seats.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
epoch said:
I'm confused... :(

I thought we had established that the R&T had everything the Daytona had except the 10HP boost and the throaty exhaust? Now that brochure you referenced is saying it does?

Huh?

it is a daytona minus everything 37years said above... and although it has an improved intake and exhaust... the exhaust on the Daytona, is Daytona Specific.... as per ChargerJim, from Dodge brand Marketing

·
Registered
630 Posts
Waited37Years said:
The R/T Perf Grp is a Daytona, without the special paint, rear spoiler, front spoiler, body graphics, and stitching on the seats.
I agree with one caveat. Althought it is true that the Daytonas and the R&TPPs both produce 350HP, the Daytona has a slight difference in the muffler (less perferations) that gives it a destinctive sound, even over the R&TPP thoatie sound.

(I'd have to search for the thread, but I am too tired to do it right now.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts