Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any pics of a Midnight Blue with some form of a hood scoop (except of course the stick-on ones). I prolly won't get one in the near future but it would be to nice to at least picture it!

-Keith

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Not yet, but if you do get one and get it painted, make sure to post it, because no dealer's body shop in DC would touch an aftermarket SRT style hood when I went looking

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Badass Charger, your car looks real nice man...love the hood and I think that Billet Grill looks amazing on Silver Chargers.

titan, when you say nobody in DC will touch the aftermarket hood, do you mean they won't paint it or install it? My uncle's friend does custom paint work for cars so I don't think the painting will be a problem and (correct me if I'm wrong) but the hood install isn't that challenging of a mod provided you have a couple people to hold it when setting it in?

Thanks for your input guys!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hoods are easy to install, that is not what I am talking about. I went around trying to get quotes and nobody would paint an aftermarket hood anymore because of bad hoods in the past.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I took mine to a Chrysler Jeep dealer and they checked the fitment before they did any prepping or painting. Now that's using you head!!! The companies that I know selling these aftermarket hoods guarantee fitment and will replace a defective hood. The dealer was so impressed with my hood that they gave me a lifetime warranty not only on the paint but also on the hood itself although it was an aftermarket part.

Thank's to Kevin Chen at County Wide Collision Center! Great people!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts