Charger Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I don't hear complaints on any of the blowers. I picked Edelbrock because its stealthvand liked the kit better, and no blower screw whine, some avoid the Edelbrock because they want the announcement. I have it on my truck with a Magnuson.
I looked at all the installation instructions for Whipple, Edelbrock, and Magnuson, I have not studied the ProCharger so it was not on my option list.
I'm VERY happy @6.5psi 412HP/430TQ.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't hear complaints on any of the blowers. I picked Edelbrock because its stealthvand liked the kit better, and no blower screw whine, some avoid the Edelbrock because they want the announcement. I have it on my truck with a Magnuson.
I looked at all the installation instructions for Whipple, Edelbrock, and Magnuson, I have not studied the ProCharger so it was not on my option list.
I'm VERY happy @6.5psi 412HP/430TQ.
Thanks for the 411. Looking at the whole cam route, PCM upgrade, headers, CAT, and tune also. I figure it might be little cheaper than SC but drawn to the "one and done" aspect of SC. Also, from what I read SC will keep my MPG somewhat good as long as I do not "heavy foot" it all the time, lol. Also do not want to "overbuild" the 5.7 only to have problems later on. Just want to be the cool grandpa, lol

Any more input on the subject will be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got the 2019 Charger RT and I thought the 5.7 was enough power when I test drove it. Well here I am 1 month later wanting more power. I should've gone with the scat pack but I can't anymore so now my next choice is to add performance parts. I would like to get into the 12's or 11's at the 1/2 mile. I also don't want to spend a whole lot under tech hood. But it all depends on the hp I get how much more I spend.
The only thing I have done is a muffler delete. It gets me some noice but now I need the performance to back it up. Any recommendations ?
Will be watching, have the same set up and the same dream.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
If you can do the install get the blower. If you can afford the labor cost, get the blower..... If its a family car that others will drive, get the blower.....

A senior from the muscle care era I have had several cammed radical builds, some were solid lifters, one with 13:1 pistons, all with headers of course. None of these cars were pleasant as daily drivers but tons of fun where it applied. I went dormant in the 1980's. Family Guy.

I was awoken when finding out about blowers with what is being called a bypass, its really an equalizer valve not allowing pressure to build, but OK.

The problem today for folks who don't do their own installs is the labor costs. Mercy, $6000.00! Really? For 10hrs or less if they are experienced and tooled up for it as they should be. WoW!
I had a turnkey Radix install on my 2005 Silverado done for 5k, parts and labor in 2005.

I love the Sunday driving capability of the Edelbrock E-Force. Its only 6.5 psi and a little over 100hp gain but I'm happy.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Paul Esswein Charger Edelbrock Supercharger 4psi (1).png
Here's my 18 R/T w STP with an Edelbrock EForce 2650 and SRT exhaust manifolds /mid pipes. red line is the crappy tune from Edelbrock. blue is after dyno tune. I like that it's silent and gives nothing away. it is also the same design that Eaton supplies to GM for their SC'd vehicles so reliability is excellent and with 3 double pass cooler bricks it's very efficient at making power. service intervals are every 100k . install and forget it. it's not pretty to look at but looks don't concern me. install is pretty easy with good supplied instructions.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Nice graph layout. I wish I could have gotten one like it. My numbers are close if the Dyno-Jet to Mustang Dyno conversion is made.
My 2300 is running 20-22°F over ambient under normal driving. I bet the 2650 recovers faster too after WOT sessions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok been trying to run numbers ($) on my current 19 rt black top package as far as mods to get to LEAST 6.4 numbers regarding HP and TORQUE. LOVE my car, did leather heated and cool seats but really miss the blind spot monitoring I had on my tacoma truck. So, I priced scats, new and used, with at least leather seats and BSM vs comparing mods. I am about 8-10 thousand difference to spend on mods to bring close to wash out on used semi loaded scat with middle miles

Question, where to spend money or should I say how should I safely spend the money. First thoughts are supercharger (takes up all the pie) or could I get by with the cam route (wiggle room money) maybe to see if I can or able to add BSM aftermarket (if there is such a option)

Trying to weigh out long term concerns with short term gains.

As always I appreciate the thoughts. FYI still seeing other good shops in surrounding areas to see what they can do in case you have seen my other posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I'm from the muscle car era and have done my share of cams, headers and valve train work and now both my daily drivers are just supercharged with Corsa CatBacks and stock air boxes. I tried a higher stall converter just once and promptly reversed it. To me its a track option only.

A mild cam will net mild gains and daily driving side effects. A radical cam will be radical.

So to me for a great daily driver its forced induction. The equalizer valve (some call it a bypass) keeps it stock like under normal throttling.
The dilemma's are the cost to have it installed and the non-forged internals limiting boost on the Hemi's. I'm fortunate enough to be able to do my own.

I have had new vehicles but when they reached the 30k mark I decided I would let a previous owner drive 20k miles or so off the sticker.

So if I were shopping I would patiently hunt and peck for a sweet used R/T with my preferred bells and whistles and boost it and gear ratio it with the set I can live with. I like the 3.06.

Happy hunting.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts