Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on almost month 2 waiting to have my Axle replaced because of a leaking CV boot. The service guy at my local dodge dealer has told me that the last two that came in were broken. Now I have been waiting for 3 weeks for a working part. Any suggestions ? Besides getting very frustrated ? Is there any service guys or dodge employee's out there that can help ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am on almost month 2 waiting to have my Axle replaced because of a leaking CV boot. The service guy at my local dodge dealer has told me that the last two that came in were broken. Now I have been waiting for 3 weeks for a working part. Any suggestions ? Besides getting very frustrated ? Is there any service guys or dodge employee's out there that can help ?
call Chrysler customer service and make sure they open up a "CAIR" report. this will definately get your dealer's attention. guarantee that will speed them up. More than likely there's just no one in the shop that wants to do it since the job SUCKS! I have never seen a axle come in broken, they would have to literally open the box and rip it apart for that to happen. sure as hell not gonna happen in shipping.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
x2 above also. . .
If this is your first warranty repair, or first at this dealer you will get a survey in the mail. Make sure you tell your dealer that they arent gonna like the results. When that survey comes in slander that dealer for everything you can. This will hurt the dealer more than you know and dont let them tell you you have to turn it in to them. mail it back to dcx in the envelope provided.

·
Registered
208 Posts
x2 above also. . .
When that survey comes in slander that dealer for everything you can. This will hurt the dealer more than you know and dont let them tell you you have to turn it in to them. mail it back to dcx in the envelope provided.
Eeesh- that's kinda harsh, especially if it is the case that the service guys are completely legit. He didn't even say that he was pissed at the person- maybe just that he can't get the part. stumpy6675- you may not get the survey for the right dealer if you didn't buy it there. I just gotta say hold them horses a minute...

First of all what you can do is contact Chrysler like moore0652 said and open a CAIR. This unfortunately will do no cage rattling due to the fact it is a part situation, but it will document your situation with the corporation. Second- contact the Service Manager and ask for the part number that they ordered and ask if it is on back order, national, refered, in transit, or what. This will show him that you are getting some insider help. We can run the part number to confirm this status if you feel like things are just not shall we say, legit? Third- if parts are on back order and your vehicle is not driveable (can't tell from your post, if it's just a c/v boot then drive your car) request alternate transportation until it gets fixed and back to you. At some point Chrysler will have to authorize excessive rental days and this means a Regional rep will get involved. Fourth- if parts are going to "galatic backorder" and there is not in transit, none at any PDC's, none at any other dealer, then ask to see if rep can pull one from assembly line. Last- keep your cool until you get through these steps- if you have to flip out then you should have every right then.

If your still have that one 3' long vein bulging from your forehead- pm me and we'll fix it at our dealership.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If it's the left side, then they're BSing you cause there's plenty in all the warehouses. unfortunately if it's the right side then I'm showing 1 in the San Francisco Depot and 0 in all others. there are 7 other dealerships in the country that have one in stock, but more than likely they are for customers cars waiting to be fixed. And the boot is not serviced separately from the axle. Sorry :cry:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Have they had your car in their posession this whole time?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Eeesh- that's kinda harsh, especially if it is the case that the service guys are completely legit. He didn't even say that he was pissed at the person- maybe just that he can't get the part. stumpy6675- you may not get the survey for the right dealer if you didn't buy it there. I just gotta say hold them horses a minute...

First of all what you can do is contact Chrysler like moore0652 said and open a CAIR. This unfortunately will do no cage rattling due to the fact it is a part situation, but it will document your situation with the corporation. Second- contact the Service Manager and ask for the part number that they ordered and ask if it is on back order, national, refered, in transit, or what. This will show him that you are getting some insider help. We can run the part number to confirm this status if you feel like things are just not shall we say, legit? Third- if parts are on back order and your vehicle is not driveable (can't tell from your post, if it's just a c/v boot then drive your car) request alternate transportation until it gets fixed and back to you. At some point Chrysler will have to authorize excessive rental days and this means a Regional rep will get involved. Fourth- if parts are going to "galatic backorder" and there is not in transit, none at any PDC's, none at any other dealer, then ask to see if rep can pull one from assembly line. Last- keep your cool until you get through these steps- if you have to flip out then you should have every right then.

If your still have that one 3' long vein bulging from your forehead- pm me and we'll fix it at our dealership.

Sorry but getting parts quickly is part of FIRFT service. I dont blame the service department but it doesnt matter if the part is out of stock or on stars lockdown. They are responsible for fixing the car in a timely manner and thats what the surveys are for. Fixed it right the first time means that. Not fixed right the fourth time or whenever the hell stars releases said part. He's the customer , none of that crap is his problem. The dealers can all get parts within three days even if its national and not in there supporting d.c. If its on stars lockdown than he should have been told that and given a suitable rental for the trouble.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry I should clerify. I have had the car in a total of three times, it is the rear passenger side that has sprung a leak. They told me twice already that when they recieved the part it arrived dammaged. . I am still driving the car . They told my wife last week the the part shows shipped and they were going to call back. Surprise, they never did. Then they tried to tell my wife that lowering the car destryed the boot .. WTF ???? And that who ever lowered it scratched the rim and stripped the lug nut, Well I know that not true because I was the last person to remove the tire before them .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts