Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any differences between the 09 srt8 and previous years? im interested to know cuz theres changes in the r/ts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
LSD on the Charger as well.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
08&09 got the upgraded shocks and redesigned front susp. to get rid of the famous CLUNK....

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
ugly tails!! :ninja:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
theyre bad enough to get rid of them or modify them like u plan to so its all good pimpin!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Timing issues stemmed from changes in the ESP programming. Apparently the "fully disabled" is just a load of BS as the car reacts the same way with just one touch now, proven by datalogging. A new problem for 2009. That and for whatever reason up here at least with three 09 Superbee's the Predator doesn't take too well to them. Cruisin1966 will no doubt chime in and fill in more details about his never ending saga along with 2 other Bee's in the same boat. Well 4 actually.......

I am happy with my 06.... Now that it has the biggest upgrade that I wanted being the Getrag. Maybe I will swap to the Mygig or something aftermarket because my stock sound system is trash......

Other than the diff 08 and 09 are almost identical.

·
Registered
210 Posts
waiting for Cruisin1966 to chime in.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Man...every time u post i start thinking about El Rodeo. Love that friggn place!:rocker:
Tell me about it...Time for El Grande!!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Yeah me too. My diablo on my Bee works very well so I'd be interested to hear what problems he is having.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yeah me too. My diablo on my Bee works very well so I'd be interested to hear what problems he is having.
Yeah that was the thinking of the other guys until a stock 09 Bee could pull on one with the tuner. Then said stock 09 performed worse with any of the canned tunes. Might feel a bit stronger but numbers got bigger. You should datalog your car from a dead stop. Cruisin's has a huge timing drop from the initial stab to WOT and then slowly recovers. Makes the car a dog out of the hole. IAT has a part to play but not to the extent we saw with his car. Other two Bee's reacted in similar ways......

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Yeah that was the thinking of the other guys until a stock 09 Bee could pull on one with the tuner. Then said stock 09 performed worse with any of the canned tunes. Might feel a bit stronger but numbers got bigger. You should datalog your car from a dead stop. Cruisin's has a huge timing drop from the initial stab to WOT and then slowly recovers. Makes the car a dog out of the hole. IAT has a part to play but not to the extent we saw with his car. Other two Bee's reacted in similar ways......
Don't know how to datalog but I've done many 0 - 60 times and the last for were 4.86, 4.86, 4.87, 4.85 seconds. is that any indication that something is wrong? I just have a diablo and airaid intake. not other performance enhancements. with out daiblo my 0 - 60 best time was 4.99 seconds. have not tried the 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile timer yet

·
Registered
990 Posts
Timing issues stemmed from changes in the ESP programming. Apparently the "fully disabled" is just a load of BS as the car reacts the same way with just one touch now, proven by datalogging. A new problem for 2009. That and for whatever reason up here at least with three 09 Superbee's the Predator doesn't take too well to them. Cruisin1966 will no doubt chime in and fill in more details about his never ending saga along with 2 other Bee's in the same boat. Well 4 actually.......

I am happy with my 06.... Now that it has the biggest upgrade that I wanted being the Getrag. Maybe I will swap to the Mygig or something aftermarket because my stock sound system is trash......

Other than the diff 08 and 09 are almost identical.
Here's a quick recap of my setup. 170º Motorad, Zoomers cat back, Airaid with scoop CAI, and an RDP email tune.

Well, here's what I know.

Joe's basically stock SuperBee (non-scoop Airaid with SLP mufflers, no Diablo tune) performs as good or better than mine. His performed noticeably worse with a tune, but we didn't log and adjust the fuel settings, so we won't use that as a good comparison. Joe can overpower the ESP and do a brake stand at will, even with ESP on.

T.J.'s is not stock. He's got a 180º tstat, Arrington 85 mm throttle body, long tube headers, cat delete mid pipes and Flowmaster mufflers. He's gone back to the stock SRT airbox with K&N plus opening up the brake duct to allow more air in. He's logged and adjusted his canned 91 Predator tune. His car runs like a raped ape. He can stomp on it from a dead stop and lay rubber all the way through the 1st/2nd gear change and can often chirp the tires at the 2nd/3rd change. The throttle is much more responsive. Every little movement in pedal produces an immediate response. T.J. and I swapped cars for a bit, and even a brake stand with ESP fully on is as easy as pie. Just like my 06 R/T R&T felt with the Predator tune as it overpowers it.

Mine, on the other hand, just won't get up and go. Lucky to get any wheel spin from a dead stop when stomping on the go pedal. Takes a long while to wind up. Even with almost bald tires, a brake stand (producing smoke) requires subtle brake pedal modulation to find the right pressure to get the wheels to break loose while remaining still. No such "modulation" required in T.J.'s car.

Now, lets recap for a moment, shall we?

Joe's car has stock programming a CAI, and mufflers. Stock headers and cats are still in place. His 1/4 mile times are decent, but could be better if just the shift points could be raised so he can stay in third through the traps. His car performed noticeably worse with the canned Predator tune, although adding some WOT Fuel may have helped. On a run from our town one day, he easily kept up with me and a couple of times, pulled a little on me, and this was back when his car was 100% stock (no CAI, and stock mufflers).

T.J.'s car has a modified SRT airbox with duct work to help with IAT temps. He has an Arrington 85 mm TB, long tube headers and cat delete mids. The canned Perf 91 tune has has WOT Fuel added to alleviate any knock. On a mock 1/4 mile run the other night, he clocked a 13.2 at 107 (adjusts to a 12.5 at 112 with the DA near 4500) with some wheelspin off the start. I believe the EVIC is off when timing. My guess, from use at the track, is approximately 2/10ths. Even with that, a 12.7/12.8 is about what you might expect out of an SRT with these mods.

Mine has the stock headers and cats, the Airaid CAI with scoop (that is good at sucking in engine bay heat, this will be addressed shortly), Zoomers, and an email Predator tune. I have been told that the headers and cats are a bottleneck, so I'll have the cats removed (money is tight at the moment) this Thursday and add long tube headers at a later date.

So, can I explain why mine bogs off the line and performs poorly? No. I have my suspicions it's cat/tune related, at least in my car. But I really don't know.

Comments? Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I know I can break my tires loose from a stop and have done a few brake stands but it take a bit effort to get the tires going and then there was lot and lots of tire smoke. LOL I know with diablo my fuel economy has improved somewhat and I also noticed that there was no inprovement in performance with the addition of my airaid Cai with scoop.

Also I don't any reference to compare againest. It's much faster then my daytona was. I could never get into 5 second 0 - 60 with that and my Bee is the fastest vehicle I have ever owned. How do I datalog? I can try that and see if mine does the same.

·
Registered
145 Posts
have had no problems with mine. thinking about testing with a lil more fuel at wot. any suggestions.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts