Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Charger Scatpack Destroyer Gray
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is about time for me to change the oil and the oil filter on my car which is a 2018 charger Scatpack. So, I want to know what is the difference between the stock oil filter 04884899AB filter and the SRT oil filter 5038041AA filter. Is the SRT filter better than the stock one or have any benefit?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've read that it is a higher flow filter compared to stock. Haven't tried one yet, I just had my 1st oil change, which is covered for the first 2 from the dealership.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
SRT has a little more filtration and higher bypass setting in comparison to the 899. It also costs more unless you come across discounted buys.

Unkess you need the higher flow filter for your 392 there is no benefit using the SRT, and no detractor using the 899. Your call.

Reactions: john-snow

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was just curious. Is there any special difference between the Mopar oil filter 136794-05425759 and the SRT Mopar oil filter W0133-1877948.
When I look them up the regular oil filter says for 5.7L without SCAT pack. The SRT one is for the 5.7L with SCAT pack.
I have a 2016 R/T 5.7L no SCAT pack but I've already snaptube vidmate replaced the exhaust (BORLA ATAK) and a CORSA cold air intake. Wanted to make sure I got the oil filter best for my vehicle.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Here's some info.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I was just curious. Is there any special difference between the Mopar oil filter 136794-05425759 and the SRT Mopar oil filter W0133-1877948.
When I look them up the regular oil filter says for 5.7L without SCAT pack. The SRT one is for the 5.7L with SCAT pack.
I have a 2016 R/T 5.7L no SCAT pack but I've already replaced the exhaust (BORLA ATAK) and a CORSA cold air intake. Wanted to make sure I got the oil filter best for my vehicle.
What are these part numbers?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
What are these part numbers?

One is the global trade ID number and the other that you are used to is the Mopar number seen on the filter.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
One is the global trade ID number and the other that you are used to is the Mopar number seen on the filter.
OK glad you know what he was talking about, I never heard of these numbers before.

Adomanin, you said you looked this up and got these numbers, where did you look this up at as I've been googling your numbers and still can't really come up with anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts