Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I have been offered about 2K off the sticker...
Thanks, just wondering what the "norm" is as I have always bought GM and 10% off sticker was the norm there...this is less.
Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, thanks...anyone getting similar deals locally...say in the Chicagoland area??? I may have to trade rather than sell outright.
Thanks,
Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
In the Chicago area, if you are from or live around there and you're not up for traveling too far. Go to http://www.gregorydodge.com They offer 99$ over invoice on all Charger models. (The ad says including SRT's but I'd be a bit skeptical of that.)

Gregory Dode is located in Highland Park I believe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
If you can buy a new Charger for 2K under MSRP you would be a fool for not taking that deal, the mark up on those cars are only about $2500 from invoice, so the dealer is making $500 on a $30K + car + hold back... Everyone deserves to make a buck, I am sure that there is not one person on this sight that would work for free, I know that I wouldn't and that is one hell of a deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
RT-DAYTONA-RT said:
If you can buy a new Charger for 2K under MSRP you would be a fool for not taking that deal, the mark up on those cars are only about $2500 from invoice, so the dealer is making $500 on a $30K + car + hold back... Everyone deserves to make a buck, I am sure that there is not one person on this sight that would work for free, I know that I wouldn't and that is one hell of a deal.

i just went today and put a deposit on a SRT-8 Charger and got 1500 below MSRP! i was suprised i thought i was gonna get 500 below MSRP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
That sounds like a great deal, but the mark up on the SRT-8 is much more than a regular Charger. Most dealers want a minimum of MSRP on the SRT-8. Take it, in my openion you are stealing that car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
RT-DAYTONA-RT said:
That sounds like a great deal, but the mark up on the SRT-8 is much more than a regular Charger. Most dealers want a minimum of MSRP on the SRT-8. Take it, in my openion you are stealing that car!
i know.. but dont tell them that! i saw a Magnum SRT-8 +5000 over sticker!

it road REALLY REALLY NICE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
milkdud99 said:
i just went today and put a deposit on a SRT-8 Charger and got 1500 below MSRP! i was suprised i thought i was gonna get 500 below MSRP
milkdud99, is that 1500 below whatever MSRP is gonna be, or did they give you a definitive price? Can't order them, so I was wondering how this worked for you. Thanks!!!! Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
mmaloy said:
milkdud99, is that 1500 below whatever MSRP is gonna be, or did they give you a definitive price? Can't order them, so I was wondering how this worked for you. Thanks!!!! Mike
Since their is no price, we talked "Around" MSRP! i first got 1 dealer to dive me MSRP and then i went to another dealer and they said the'll do -500. (that was last weekend) so today i walk in and said "if you can give me -1500 off MSRP I'll write you a deposit today" and they bit!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Wow Congrats.... Nice work "playing the game"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
RT-DAYTONA-RT said:
Wow Congrats.... Nice work "playing the game"
Ditto!!! I was just curious as to whether or not something had happened since yesterday in regards to ordering. Wayne is selling me my SRT8 at just above invoice. Whew, thought I needed to haul a** to see him there for a second. Regards to ALL!!! Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
RT-DAYTONA-RT said:
Wow Congrats.... Nice work "playing the game"
Well, their is alot more to the story... but thats the jist of it! When i said 1500 i thought they woulda said 750 or 1000 but when they said ok i was stunned
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I just ordered mine today. There is a $500 rebate being offered from 7/6/05 to 9/6/05. Funny though, the dealed "didn't know about it" but gave it to me when I asked about it. I was also able to get an $1100 LoJack installed for no additional cost. I also has a maintenance book from my Intrepid which was worth an additional $500 off. All in all, not a bad deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
rpostrel said:
I just ordered mine today. There is a $500 rebate being offered from 7/6/05 to 9/6/05. Funny though, the dealed "didn't know about it" but gave it to me when I asked about it. I was also able to get an $1100 LoJack installed for no additional cost. I also has a maintenance book from my Intrepid which was worth an additional $500 off. All in all, not a bad deal.
Congrats man!! Good for you!!! :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
I went to the Dodge site and through the site picked three dealers to quote me prices.... I got mine for invoice from a great dealer in Dallas, GA... Bought an R/T - - they had two in stock...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
if you want to work a good deal... deal with over invoice... not MSRP less... make them work up from invoice... not you work down from...

basically they way I "get bids" from dealers is I call... tell them to give me an over invoice price on said model.... they will say to come in and talk numbers... I respond back with telling them where in town I live... and I am not going to drive across town to be told MSRP is all you can do... I give each dealer one shot, and make them aware of this... and before I drive to them, they must fax me the over invoice price from our phone conversation so that I know they will not bait and switch on me when I come in to give them a deposit..... I let them tell me how low they are willing to go... remember you have the money... they want said money.... for any given vehicle there will always be another one at another dealer... so don't get emotional....

If possible, get the sales manager on the phone and get rid of the sales person from the equation... sales people cannot agree on prices and they need a sales managers approval to do anything less then MSRP.... so what good are they? not much... get rid of them kinda like getting rid of the middle man....

If you do your research, and are confident in the information you have gained from your research... you should be able to get an R/T for $500 over invoice or less.... remember... do not get emotional over the one they have on the lot... the LX platform cars roll off the line every 90 seconds... so if no deal is made on that one... a deal can be made on the next one....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
if you want to work a good deal... deal with over invoice... not MSRP less... make them work up from invoice... not you work down from...
If possible, get the sales manager on the phone and get rid of the sales person from the equation... sales people cannot agree on prices and they need a sales managers approval to do anything less then MSRP.... so what good are they? not much... get rid of them kinda like getting rid of the middle man....

If you do your research, and are confident in the information you have gained from your research... you should be able to get an R/T for $500 over invoice or less.... remember... do not get emotional over the one they have on the lot... the LX platform cars roll off the line every 90 seconds... so if no deal is made on that one... a deal can be made on the next one....
Absolutely!! The sales mgr will end up assigning the sale to a salesman at the end anyway. Here's a tip, if you are treated right, ask them to make sure they mail you a survey. They will anyway, but ask. These surveys are very important to dealers. Again, if you were treated right, give them high marks on the survey, and if possible hand deliver it to the dealer. They will make a copy of it before sending it off to DCX. But they now know you as a bonafide ally. When you need accessories, warranty work, whatever, the good will should continue to pay off. Trust me, this works for all involved. Regards!! Mike :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
I got mine for 500 under invoice, and I had them give me 13,000 for my trade that is paid off already. so I ended up getting mine for 10,000 out the door. so I was pretty happy with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Try Keffer Dodge in Charlotte. I Purchased my loaded R/T in Eary July for one percent over dealer cost less a fair - negotiated credit for my trade. Check with Doug Marburger, New Car Sales Manager 704-535-5330. Again, I pruchaed my car in early July - Keffer had several chargers and were willing to deal.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top