Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not had my tuner for a month, but I was having a CEL for an o2 sensor intermittently. Last Fri, my sensor went competely and the car has been at the shop since then, probably won't see it until Wed or Thurs. Any way the SC affected this?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump...anyone???

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, no one has an answer to this one, thats a first.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, as you state, it's a sensor and only gives out a voltage. SC has no bearing on the function of the sensor, so no.
Thanks! I picked it up yesterday, it still had a CEL, they said it was a stored code, not an active one. They cleared it and said to drive it for a few days. if it comes back on, I 'll have to leave it with them again for further evaluation.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
x2 with what crow said.

and the dealer is a tard. They could have looked at perimeters of time code was set but someone was lazy

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, here we are again with a CEL...a little more than a week after I got the car back, this is starting to p**s me off.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have the s/c installed you can get the codes yourself with the flashpack then let someone here help...

Scott
I sold the SC about a month ago....I would have used it though.

Ok, so if it cannot be the tuner, could my LT/Corsa setup be causing this? I know this is blasphemy, but am I pushing too much air through the system?

500th post, YAY!!!

·
Registered
898 Posts
i have SC and LT and my car has been throwing codes for cats efficiency, dealer checked the sensors and said my car emisions are off the normal parameters, and thats why the code shows up, but the sensors are ok,its been like this for months now, with or without a tune, but i just clear the CEL with my SC, hope i can tell hal to ignore the o2 sensors with the predator
can you check what codes are you getting doin the key thing?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I have not had my tuner for a month, but I was having a CEL for an o2 sensor intermittently. Last Fri, my sensor went competely and the car has been at the shop since then, probably won't see it until Wed or Thurs. Any way the SC affected this?
What code are you getting?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
the only prob i've seen before is with bigger exhaust there is a bit more air flow. This changes the speed of the o2 switching. For those of you that dont know the o2 should go rich lean back and forth basically a voltage sweep. With an increase in flow it changes this switching speed. Now there is nothing wrong its just outside factory parameters for how long it should take.
This is for o2upstream only codes. Not cat effiencey. Cat effiency codes are set if the cat is not pulling enough nitrogens of oxide out of the exhaust stream . This is common with high flow cats. THey dont filter as well (i.e. how you get your increased flow)

·
Registered
898 Posts
the only prob i've seen before is with bigger exhaust there is a bit more air flow. This changes the speed of the o2 switching. For those of you that dont know the o2 should go rich lean back and forth basically a voltage sweep. With an increase in flow it changes this switching speed. Now there is nothing wrong its just outside factory parameters for how long it should take.
This is for o2upstream only codes. Not cat effiencey. Cat effiency codes are set if the cat is not pulling enough nitrogens of oxide out of the exhaust stream . This is common with high flow cats. THey dont filter as well (i.e. how you get your increased flow)
yeah i think thats the problem, but that cel is just annoying :(

·
Registered
14,728 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Try the non-foullers on the rear 02 sensors...it's worked for some.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
The addition of LT headers are notoriously known for popping a rear o2 sensor code. The best headers so far (that I have heard of) for not throwing codes are the Mopar ones. You can try the o2 extensions, or see if you can find an o2 simulator.

o2 sim = oscillating signal generator with just the right frequency and voltage to fool the PCM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.