Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i have a 3.5 but i am in the process of purchasing a Top Banana and wanted to add a couple of things to it. Would i notice any difference with this predator if i dont race at the track? And what is the difference between the predator and the SC?

·
Registered
309 Posts
If you like extra performance, optimizing your engine for the fuel you are using, maximizing the other modifications you make and more responsive shifting, you should like the Predator.

Is it a must have item? No.
Will a lot of hemi owners go the entire time they own their car without using one? Probably.

But if you are going to modify your car any, it would be smart money to get a tuner to maximize the benefits of those mods. It seems you've allready been bitten by the performance bug to step up from the 3.5 to a 5.7, why leave that extra performance locked up in the engine when it is so easy to get?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If you like extra performance, optimizing your engine for the fuel you are using, maximizing the other modifications you make and more responsive shifting, you should like the Predator.

Is it a must have item? No.
Will a lot of hemi owners go the entire time they own their car without using one? Probably.

But if you are going to modify your car any, it would be smart money to get a tuner to maximize the benefits of those mods. It seems you've allready been bitten by the performance bug to step up from the 3.5 to a 5.7, why leave that extra performance locked up in the engine when it is so easy to get?
+1

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Im looking into get one soon myself.... whats the best deal still available for these things? Ive only talked to one vendor so far and I think I have until the end fo this week to order it, but let me know where to look into if anyone knows of any deals still going on.

-Pat

·
Registered
154 Posts
I know i have a 3.5 but i am in the process of purchasing a Top Banana and wanted to add a couple of things to it. Would i notice any difference with this predator if i dont race at the track? And what is the difference between the predator and the SC?
Well your question was, " How is it good for an everyday driver?". I don't have one, YET, but from what I hear it is great for fuel effeciency. If anyone else wants to elaborate on that, who actually owns one, jump on in.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Tbyrne, best price out there, probably longest wait, and I think they are taking orders through the 12th. I didnt order as soon as I had the chance. This wasnt a MUST have NOW item, it is however a Must have Soon item, so I dont mind waiting.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I know my car will never see headers, or the track, but for street use I CANT WAIT to get the diablo predator and have a little fun

:)

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I know i have a 3.5 but i am in the process of purchasing a Top Banana and wanted to add a couple of things to it. Would i notice any difference with this predator if i dont race at the track?
Absolutely. Along with giving a few more Horsepower, it also has some cool tranny settings. You can also adjust fan speed which will come in hand during hot summer days. You can also turn off ESP, reset adaptives and in the future it will be able to Disable MDS.

And what is the difference between the predator and the SC?
The only thing Superchips can do is give you a 91 oct tune with raised shift points and firmer shift. It can also do a little bit of data logging. Where as Diablo can give you 91 or 93 tune or custom intake tunes for 91 or 93. Diablo also allows for custom tunning, which SC will never have. The diablo has a lot more features that I don't feel like naming off, but basically diablo has every thing SC has and more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Every car runs different, every setup runs different. That's why the Diablo is such a valuable tool, since it opens the door for customization of the maps. A pre-programmed map is never going to work 100% right except by luck, especially on a speed-density metering system like this platform does, where every little thing affects the VE and therefore skews the tune. The Diablo allows you to fix these errors and this will improve overall driveability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts