Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Avg. MPG that is? I was curious to see how well my Charger did and filled up before taking a moderate 75 minute trip on the freeway. With light traffic I got up to something like 27.8MPG and then there was an accident and the traffic stopped...I was pissed b/c I still had about 15 mins. to go before my destination and I was hoping for 30MPG! It looked like she was gonna get there too.....

what's the best MPG others have gotten and has anyone surpassed that 30mpg mark?

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Best I've got is 26ish 24 with ac on

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Any 30+ers...might be a short thread :)

Best I've gotten is around 25-26mpg driving straight highway for a couple tanks of gas on vacation.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
This open for anyone? Dayton, OH to southern NJ, in March. I-70 most of the way, cruise control set right on 70 mph-
TTMR and I both got 30 mpg, and that's with 4 extra wheels/tires + tools and overnight bags! :banana: :grin: *Mileage calculated by miles traveled/gallons to fill up.

(Offset by 11 mpg after a full day running the Lightning track! :eek: :laugh: )

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice responses guys, looks like great mileage results here...Ron, yeah it's open for anyone.....sweet man! So you're in the 30+ club then...NICE!!!

I'm not kidding, I thought for sure I was gonna get there and that accident...I was really really pissed...I set cruise control at around 70 too b/c I had noticed early on when I was at 75 or higher, even though I was in 'FUEL SAVER MODE' it would "fart" out of it too often for no damn reason.......

if that Accident weren't there I feel I would of gotten 30 for sure...once that happened I was at a stand still too long and my MPG ended up dropped to 23ish when it was all said and done.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Thanks CB! How about the 10-and-under Club?

That would be "someone I know", plus TTMR while running on the track! LOL He had to go get gas after his 3rd session, I made it all day! :banana:

·
Registered
484 Posts
I hit 34.3 MPG (according to the EVIC) coming down Parley's Canyon last Sunday :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parley's_Canyon

However, I still managed to average 32.1 the rest of the drive home (about 30 miles from the mouth of the canyon). As of today, I have resumed my average of ~22 MPG commuting to and from work.

·
Registered
484 Posts
This thread must be for the EVIC watchers, hand calculated I have hit 20.5 and I am pretty easy on it most of the time.
I haven't done a hand calculation yet, but even just assuming the EVIC was off by as much as 10%, I'm still getting around 20 MPG commuting to work, which does not involve freeway driving.

I would imagine that '09s would get a little better fuel mileage due to a lower rear end ratio, along with Variable Valve Timing and the revised MDS programming.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I managed to get a top mpg of 15.7 according to my evic. Guessing that I'm not going to make the 30+ club anytime soon. :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
doesn't look like too many....I didn't think there would be.....but still nice to see some. Yeah, I was referring to checking through the "EVIC" not manually.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
In the 1 1/2 years I had my daytona only got over 30 3 times (I'm in canada). once was about 39 for about 400 kilometers but that was with a 60 kilometer tail wind. Was awesome and I was suprised. The other 2 times was 31 and 32 and again with a tail wind. all three times was traveling at 110 kilometer per hour ( about 67 mph ). Other then that my daytona averaged about 26.5 miles per gallons. Not near what it was rated for in Canada.

Don

1 - 13 of 13 Posts