Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got pulled over again today (this is my 8th ticket in 3years) i got clocked doing 75 in a 45... does anyone have any idea of how i can get around this or fight it?... i live in cali... so i dont know if that helps much lol

thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Go to court on your court date maybe the cop who wrote it won't be there and they dismiss it. Also ask when was the last time he had his radar/laser calibrated. Not much esle you can do especially with your record of tickets.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was in the same boat as you.i got 3 tickets in 2 months i finally invested in a passport 9500 radar detector and it has been saving my A$$ everytime I get in my car...best $350 i ever spent....

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to court on your court date maybe the cop who wrote it won't be there and they dismiss it. Also ask when was the last time he had his radar/laser calibrated. Not much esle you can do especially with your record of tickets.

oh ok...im off the hook if the cop dont come in?

but lets the cop shows up and i ask calibration papers and they show me...then what?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Your record is what is going to screw you with most Judges....You can possibly go to a defensive driving course and bring the certificate to court.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have heard good things about the Valentine but i have no experience...the passport works well and gives my plenty of notice......thank God......lol

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
try not doing 30 over next time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
good luck...and listen to the unit...

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think you need a restrictor plate like they use at Daytona and Talladega.......maybe 60mm plate would work....LOL

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Beltronics 995i or 980. Protects you against radar pretty well and certain laser situations. I've gotten two tickets in 3 years, both from instant on radar. I don't speed unless I have it with me.

As for your current situation -- your kinda screwed. In Texas you can have differed adjuration or something like that where you still pay the fee but if you don't get another ticket for 3 months its off your record.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I would highly suggest doing the speed limit bro. I can`t even imagine what you insurance is and many more and there gonna take that DL for a minute. Hope you get it worked out

·
Registered
234 Posts
u have a slow learning curve!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts