Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, for the record I did do a search, found a couple similar posts, and I do apologize but can't bring myself to going through 488 theeads....

That being said, I have a 2017 charger pursuit, probably an se model. 130k miles, 7600 idle hours not that it matters much, but it's been noted.

Out of the blue, drivers side only blows heat. It will go through the different modes, defrost, vents, floor etc. The passenger will blow cold or hot. But driver will not change temp regardless.....

Engine off in my garage (quiet) I can hear the mode select actuator moving, and I can hear the passenger temp blend door moving. I cannot hear the drivers side clicking or doing anything.

Not sure if it's completely bad, pooped a fuse, I assume they're all tied together.

3 days ago I found a mouse nest in my wife's 2014 grand cherokee under the tipm/under-hood fuse box..... maybe they got to my car, although I don't see any signs of poop, or nesting, no other issues with wires chewed, check engine light is not on.

Anyone know of a fuse, or a video of these newer chargers on the drivers side. I'd like to pull the plug to see if I even have power to the actuator. Not ready to pay the stealership a kidney to fix a $5k car.

Again never heard any clicking prior to this....

Thanks for any help.

· Registered
5,726 Posts
Just because it isn't clicking doesn't mean it didn't break. I have a broken one now, probably almost going in a year now. I get no heat on the drivers side. No clicking. I'm assuming the gear teeth just broke off or wore down.

I've replaced 3 so far. The 4th I'll get to, I just close the drivers side vents for now and block the cold air and just get heat from the passenger side.

· Registered
5,726 Posts
FWIW, parts and labor I pay about $120 at the local garage for them to do the repair.

· Registered
2,072 Posts
Hello @17pursuit!

Our team recommends that you reach out to your local Dodge dealership as they are in the best position to assist and advise. To find your nearest dealer you can do so here: Find a Dodge Dealership Near You | Dodge

Hannah
Dodge Cares

· Registered
5,726 Posts
Hello @17pursuit!

Our team recommends that you reach out to your local Dodge dealership as they are in the best position to assist and advise. To find your nearest dealer you can do so here: Find a Dodge Dealership Near You | Dodge

Hannah
Dodge Cares
I hope he doesn't, the dealer charges about 6x that to replace a blend door because they charge to remove the dash which isn't necessary.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's on the back burner for now. Trying to get the plow bracket on my polaris, we just got hit with about 6" of snow, and once that gets finished I'm putting all new ss brake lines, master cylinder, booster, and proportioning valve on my 1979 trans am before spring hits.

Found the doorman part is under $20, and the dealer part is about $108. per Mitchell, it calls for 1.8 hours. $180/hr plus $120 part after taxes, shop supplies, it is cresting the $550 range

1 - 7 of 7 Posts