Charger Forums banner

Another SWAP thread ......

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  turbohips 
#1 ·
Hey fellas here at work we got a 2006 Chrysler 300 2.7 that we got a mechanics lien on and a SPARE motor (6.1 with trans) that we'd LIKE to put in the car and i know that theres more to it then just dropping it in and also before we got further i already got a Charger SRT8 and yes it's prolly cheaper to just buy one but we are at around 5k with car an motor so it cant be beat YET lol . Here is what i have to help make this happen fellas please lead me into the right direction .

*Car (obviously)
*6.1 Drivetrain w/eng harness, trans
*05-06 Chrysler 300C parts car (shifter assy ,brakes, suspension ,rearend ,complete harness and sensors w/abs,esp)
*SRT cat back
*08 Body wiring harness w/ecu , esp module
*Fuel tank assy
*Radiator w/Fans
*Airbox assy .
.............................BELOW IS WHAT I"D THINK WE"D NEED........................

*All ecu's from a 6.1
* Eventually brembos
* Eventually suspension (thinking coilovers)
*SRT8 300 Cluster

LMK if this could work fellas .

See less See more
#3 ·
I think you pretty much summed it all up. I didn't see anything else that you might need. Now again I haven't done one of these swaps either. Now this might be stupid but are the batteries the same? Also the exhaust will have to be swapped as the 2.7 is a single. I have no clue if the routing for the headers, mid-pipes and exhaust will be clear on the 2.7. Just a guess but the brake MC might be different as well. Not sure about the steering rack set up too. I guess I don't know much but throwing out concerns for ya.

#4 ·
Thanks for the response i have the SRT8 catback already and stock headers but will order mids aftermarket once/if i go through with this swap . It's getting frustrating . Thanks again

#6 ·
You might want to call Cleveland Pick-a-Part, they've done a full swap before. ;)

Good luck with it! :grin:

#8 ·
Im putting this in myself and wont wanna part it out once its in thats the whole point ......The car is on lift right now with 2.7 drivetrain out including suspension in the front . I'm trying to make sense out of it all lol .........

I dont understand WHY i cant take whole wiring out of the 06 300c and put in into the 300 and just change ecu/computers and starscan them once motor is in . Also a FORUM MEMBER is saying i cant use a 08 drivetrain on a 06 car becuase starscan or the pcm will know . I'm getting confused lol

#9 ·
the rearend on a 300C is a 2.82 gear ratio and a 210mm diff
the stock SRT gear ratio is a 3.06 with a 215mm diff.

you will need a programmer at a minimum to tell the SRT PCM to go backwards to a lower gear, if it lets you (never looked to see if you can go lower.. you probably can)

#10 ·
With regards to the exhaust piping, will there be any fitment issues? I know that the AWD's have a different routing slightly and that's why we can't use regular C pipes. Not sure if the C and SRT differs like AWD's. Also will there be additional sensors that the SRT has for like brakes, wheel settings, suspension etc? I have no clue but interested in what you're doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.