Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PB

• Skar

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 White Dodge Charger RT(Straight Pipe System,Res Delete) (Dyno/Tune,) (KN CAI) 20' HCat Replica)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Charger Forums! I’m interested in upgrading my sound system a little more, but due to lack of knowledge and varying opinions, i’m torn. First off, my car was equipped with 4 6.9 Skar components by a previous owner. As for location i’m not sure, but i’d assume dash and front doors. I want to get some subs, but i’m undecided. Kicker,Skar, and PB are the three main brands i’ve seen and heard about. As for what would be best bang for the buck, i’m not sure. I’m thinking two 12s. Would it be better to have someone build a box, or a pre setup? Good amp brands and sizes too! Please blow this thread up!

·
Registered
2014 White Dodge Charger RT(Straight Pipe System,Res Delete) (Dyno/Tune,) (KN CAI) 20' HCat Replica)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i’m not looking to go competition level, so what’s a good medium level to spend on a setup?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Kicker cx800.1 $225, Kicker CompQ 12" sub $279, QPower Qbomb12vl-single box $69.99 running at 2 ohms 600 Watts and AudioControl lc2i pro 2 channel output converter $129. Needs some break in time but it rocks. I have always liked Kicker. The 12' round sub is equal to Kicker solo baric square subs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
again, i’m new to audio, so thanks for the tips. i’ve been between kicker, skar, PB, and maybe MTX. i’m not gonna build so i’d rather buy already in the box. 2 12s i think. about how much trunk space does it take

·
Registered
46 Posts
With mine I can still get to the spare tire. I also didn't install amps to box so I can remove box if I need to by just disconnecting speaker wires. I have a lot of space. With a double you might have none.
Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive parking light

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very good point. so maybe i should just get one banging 12?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kicker cx800.1 $225, Kicker CompQ 12" sub $279, QPower Qbomb12vl-single box $69.99 running at 2 ohms 600 Watts and AudioControl lc2i pro 2 channel output converter $129. Needs some break in time but it rocks. I have always liked Kicker. The 12' round sub is equal to Kicker solo baric square subs.

Can you help me out with which wires to tap into from the rear speakers for the LC2i? I have the 6 speaker 276w Alpine in my 2020 charger. I am reusing a setup that was in a 09 challenger I had a few years ago and in that I think I hooked into just 1 rear speakers. I haven’t had that car for 3 years so my memory is fuzzy! I’v read some mixed info on taping into one or both rears. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts