thanks

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Try pushing forward.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I have to laugh. I did the auto headlight upgrade one morning while waiting for a place to open. After I did it, I thought "The best way to test if the headlights are on without getting out of the car is see if the highbeams go on."

I pulled back on the stick, and it wouldn't stay on. I thought I had broken something. I got the manual out and found out that you push forward for high beams.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
a14umbra said:
I got the manual out and found out that you push forward for high beams.
Congratulations, you are now part of an automotive elite, consisting of %1 of the car owning public. With this comes great responsibility. You are now an official "car guy" who can be called by freinds, neighbors, and coworkers at any time from 8am til 9pm with any car related questions they may have :)

I joke, but its truly amazing what you can find in that little book :happy:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
this is freaking hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah just push forward! a14.....i take it you don't drive much in the night....lmao.

good stuff guys.....sorry i am not laughing at you, i am laughing with you..... :happy: :happy: :happy:

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
GoDaddy said:
this is freaking hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah just push forward! a14.....i take it you don't drive much in the night....lmao.

good stuff guys.....sorry i am not laughing at you, i am laughing with you..... :happy: :happy: :happy:
At that time, I had not driven it at night yet. My 300M, you pulled back for high beams. I expect the Charger to be the same. I felt bad not being able to figure it out, but at least I didn't have to post in chargerforums to find out about it.

Oh! Sorry brooks. :embarrese

Just joking.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
ok... umm... I think every vehicle I have ever owned was push forward for high beams on... and pull back to "flash" high beams.... is this supposed to be abnormal or something?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
XXL HEMI said:
Does that lil trick for the auto head lights work on the chargers to?
if you have automatic dual climate control... yeppers...

did it on mine and azchargers...

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Ok I got another question for you. Has anyone installed one of these yet? AirAid Throttle Body Spacer for 06 Charger 5.7L Hemi

Bolt On Horsepower!
The PowerAid Throttle Body Spacers from AIRAID Premium Filter Company are designed to greatly improve the low-end torque and horsepower characteristics of your engine. PowerAid accomplishes this by spacing the throttle body one inch and adding a dyno-proven Helix style bore(s). As the intake air passes through the spacer, the Helix bore creates a vortex action that improves atomization creating a more complete combustion and an efficiently burning engine. The results are improved drivability and increased fuel efficiency. The PowerAid spacer is 50 state legal, will not void your new car warranty, and can be used with any grade fuel.
Does this really work?

·
Registered
384 Posts
it doesent really work, the "Vortex Action" doesent keep vortexing through the intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Guys, please dont take offense if I tease a little. The fact is that anyone who is here shows a willingness to learn, and that alone puts you out ahead of most folks, who jump in, drive, and never bother to learn. Ignorance is okay, so is asking, that gains knowledge which kills ignorance.

Stupidity, on the other hand, the refusal to ask, or learn when taught, is what'll get you killed.

To answer that other question, some vehicles require you to pull the stalk further back til it clicks, that keeps high beams on. Heck, drive a Ford Focus someday with crank windows, they are backwards:)

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
My past rides.

67 VW Beetle - pull back for high beams
74 VW Beetle - pull back for high beams
82 Dodge Charger 2.2 - pull back for high beams
87 Buick Grand National - pull back for high beams
94 Pontiac Grand Am - pull back for high beams
02 Chrysler 300M - pull back for high beams
06 Dodge Charger - push forward for high beams

Yep, there are some cars, including Chryslers, that you pull back for high beams.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im such an idiot

and to honest, i have never heard of that before
and my past two vehicles have been Dodges

well at least i gave you guys a good laugh

now i will go to my corner and cry :cry:

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
brooks said:
im such an idiot

and to honest, i have never heard of that before
and my past two vehicles have been Dodges

well at least i gave you guys a good laugh

now i will go to my corner and cry :cry:

You're not an idiot. Like the rest of us, other things (driving) clouded your thoughts (driving) and you just didn't think (driving) to look in the manual.

Think I'll go driving.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts