Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still in the process of building a Pursuit Demo Car to be used for commercial purposes.

Here's some pics of the evolution up to this point:

Push Bumper by Progard installed.

Mopar Police Steel rims.

Dipped grill.

Spotlight goes in next followed by emergency red/blue oscillating lights shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Considering police cruisers don't have foglights you could dip those/ tint em as well just to make it look like they're not actually there.

Looks great though so far.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Considering police cruisers don't have foglights you could dip those/ tint em as well just to make it look like they're not actually there.

Looks great though so far.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thanks. The fog lights have been on my mind and I'm exploring several options when I come to the oscillating light installation:

1. Should I plug the fog lights into the "wig wag" system;
2. Should I remove the fog lights and replace with strobes;
3. Should I just leave them as is;

I've been talking with local LEO's and looking at some of their units and most of them alternate between options 1, 2, and no lights at all as you mentioned. Still unsure on what direction to take but I like your recommendation as well; I'm definitely adding that to my list of considerations now.

Thank you sir.

·
Registered
201 Posts
For the fogs I would say like 20% tint with strobes. You are going to use an LED bar for the roof right?

-Mitch
2014 SXT Plus AWD w/ Sport Appearance Package

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the fogs I would say like 20% tint with strobes. You are going to use an LED bar for the roof right?
Excellent recommendation on the fogs Mitch. As far as the LEDs, this Charger has a sunroof (SXT Plus) so a light bar cannot be installed due to the inability to drill the required hole through the roof for wiring purposes. Therefore, in order to achieve a 360-degree view of the lights, I will be going with the following:

Front Interior: Inner Edge Visor Light Bar
Back Interior: 2 Deck Lights or inner edge light bar.
Side Interiors: Rear Passenger Door Ghost Lights
Brake Light: 4 LED Hideaways
Headlight/Taillight: Wigwag system
Driver/Passenger Rear View Mirrors: Mirror Beams
Grill (behind fascia): 4 grill lights & siren
Trunk and Interior Dash: Light and Siren controllers

This will be a lot of work and will involve the complete interior gutting of the vehicle to run wiring. However, none of this is happening until January 2015 so plenty of planning-time is left.

If there are additional recommendations you or others may have, do not hesitate to share.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Were you going to do LED spot lights on the push bumper?

For some reason, the unmarked look was not in the front of my brain. I think your setup will be awesome.

-Mitch

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Were you going to do LED spot lights on the push bumper?
Thank you, Mitch. The only spotlight will be mounted on the driver side post. As far as some surface mounting LEDs on the push bars, the thought has crossed my mind and I'm still considering it. However, there are several concerns if I go that route:

1. Can they get damaged easily thus costing me more money;
2. Will LEDs on the bars be too much considering the LED's behind the grill;
3. Do I really want wiring passing between the bar and the fascia?

I need to do some research on this specific thing you brought up as to what the filming and TV commercial industry usually look for. I've seen some very poor "Pursuit Chargers" in TV Commercials, shows, and movies where they just slapped a battery powered oscillating light in the windshield and called it a day. But then I've seen some ridiculous setups that provided more convincing that it was a rice burner and not a LE vehicle.

I want to find a balance in the middle with a clean professional look while not being over the top; thus the reason I need to research the push bar lights some more. Thanks for giving me another project to look into. :slap: lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
So apparently this is much more uniquely Alaskan than I thought. (Lights on the bumper)

ImageUploadedByAG Free1397581132.804254.jpg

That's what I was thinking. If you don't want spot lights up there then I suggest this.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1397581174.412560.jpg

-Mitch

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts