Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had the car in another show this weekend. The only thing I've changed was the ride height on the front coilovers. I was just too low. Any opinions on the ride height? I like it and it isn't rubbing now. She looks low but is more functional.

Any how, no throphies or anything, just a good time at the show. The blue '62 BelAir next to me in the first photo acutally won my class.

Here are the new photos, Enjoy! :grin:

·
Registered
376 Posts
I know people have made comments in previous threads, but man...I never get sick of seeing pics of your car. Love it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just looked at a couple of threads you started and didnt see anything, I might have been thinking of another ride on here, sorry.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Real tight work. Those rims are made by?

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
its its so beautiful

·
Registered
846 Posts
Very clean, and glassy... What do u use to get it glassy as that??

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
At least you got beat by the Bel-Air and not that damn Mustang!

Sidenote: What class were you in?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
HELL YES!!! I always thought your car would look great with smoked tails and a drop and it looks hot as hell now! Great job, keep up the good work!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Real tight work. Those rims are made by?
Thanks, the rims are American Racing Torq Thrust M's

Very clean, and glassy... What do u use to get it glassy as that??
I Started by buffing it out with a paint polish. Then a full coat of Meguiar's Gold class. Then I think i'm up to about 5 coats of Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax on top of that. Staying on top of it is the key. Don't was it with harsh soaps and don't use cloth that is even remotely abrasive. Elbow Grease!!!

At least you got beat by the Bel-Air and not that damn Mustang!

Sidenote: What class were you in?
Dude, I would've been soooo pissed if that Mustang was in my class again this time around. The show officials threw me in the "Muscle" class for this show.

HELL YES!!! I always thought your car would look great with smoked tails and a drop and it looks hot as hell now! Great job, keep up the good work!
LOL!! Thanks man, I'm glad you like it. There's more to come in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I knew i was missing something from Maguiar's, I have been using Gold Class for quiet a while, but never sealled it in with a wax... Guess i will have to pick up some NXT wax next time im in the store...

I am simply amazed by the shine of your car, and i do appreciate the work put in to it, way to go man... All the best to you...

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I knew i was missing something from Maguiar's, I have been using Gold Class for quiet a while, but never sealled it in with a wax... Guess i will have to pick up some NXT wax next time im in the store...

I am simply amazed by the shine of your car, and i do appreciate the work put in to it, way to go man... All the best to you...
Thank you...I have put quite a bit on elbow grease into it.

If I could offer you a tip when you use the NXT wax, here it is. One good thing that's great about the NXT wax is that, unlike most waxes that have to be taken off once they haze up, you actually can wax your entire car with the NXT and even leave it on over night. It comes off sooo easy and leaves your car looking like glass. I Love it and would buy stock in it if I could. It's great stuff!

Are those 20's or 22's?
They are 22's

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thanx for the tip bro, i was always scared that it might stain on the car, but that was formula wax, i gave up on that a long time b4 the charger arrived...
Thanx for the tip again.. now its time to get waxin...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Were you the only LX there? Or did they park ya in terms of who got there first?

Only reason i ask is most shows i've seen try to categorize either body style (A, C etc) or year or both.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Were you the only LX there? Or did they park ya in terms of who got there first?

Only reason i ask is most shows i've seen try to categorize either body style (A, C etc) or year or both.

Nope, there was a 300 there too but they ended up puting him into the "Custom" class.

The cars were arranged in certain areas by class. Like mentioned before, my class was "Muscle" and so I was up against cars that were considered "Muscle", no matter if they were old or new.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts