Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Charger R/T
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My brother just bought a 2013 dodge charger SRT 8, 80k miles garage kept in winter, barely driven with long tube headers corsa exaust plus tuned, fully loaded.

My brother had the car for 2 days hasn't even gotten the title because he bought it from ohio, and in the middle of the night last night the car was stolen, busted the passenger window and didn't hear a thing. Im assuming he disabled the alarm system and put it in neutral and pushed it down the street before starting it.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Road surface Pollution Bedrock Asphalt Grass

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Thieves are scum of the earth. Them and child molesters.

Reactions: 1ian20

·
Super Moderator
11,751 Posts
That sucks. I mean that really sucks. Fuark!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wow, that really sucks man. It's unfortunate because not only has it been stolen, but it will also be chopped up and ruined entirely.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Charger R/T
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
It just sounds fishy that it got stolen 2 days after purchasing it. Could be a rat from the place you bought it from. I don’t know, that’s just me thinking…
Well he bought it from a hard working dude in ohio, hes a family man so I doubt it was him and he cared about the car a lot. And my brother is still in contact with him and he knows it has been stolen and all that so I doubt it was him.

We do have suspicion that it could be the people who bought his old car, because when I went to pick up my brother after he sold it the dude purchasing the car was like "oh I want that car" and on the title it has our address so we think they were going for my car but saw his and took that instead. We also found a hat in the street that was at the end of our driveway and that has been taken for evidence. Also the people who bought his old car have a criminal record which we did not know at first.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Charger R/T
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATE****

car has been found abandoned in Detroit, currently at the pd impound lot, detectives going out tomorrow to dust for prints. Minor damage broke window and a minor dent. I guess the dude just wanted a Joi ride. Glad we could recover it.
Another very late update, Car was a lost the engine was shot same with the transmission couldn't even go into reverse I'm assuming they were neutral dropping(Meaning revving up in neutral then putting it into drive) but my brother recently bought a 2018 Dodge Charger Scatpack so it worked out.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Another very late update, Car was a lost the engine was shot same with the transmission couldn't even go into reverse I'm assuming they were neutral dropping(Meaning revving up in neutral then putting it into drive) but my brother recently bought a 2018 Dodge Charger Scatpack so it worked out.
So the insurance paid out on the car?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts