Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TORRED with "Lipstick", tell me this thing doesnt look like a ferrari charger, IMO this new look with the painted lips is very muscle looking, cant wait to do it on mine

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
TORRED with "Lipstick", tell me this thing doesnt look like a ferrari charger, IMO this new look with the painted lips is very muscle looking, cant wait to do it on mine

This car looks amazing! Even my friend who isn't a charger fan agreed that it is awesome.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The torred's pretty cool, but the plum is just plain ugly...too much purple.

·
Registered
365 Posts
agree, not a fan of the plum, red is a better.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Im gonna have to agree with everyone else on this one.... the Torred looks amazing. Theres something about that tone of red where you can just pull things like this off. I guess thats why its Ferrari's flagship color! The red lip on those wheels (especially since its painted all the way across the rim, not just the visible lip on the outside) really makes the whole car look hott. Im kind of up in the air about the Plum Crazy w/ purple wheels, but the Suns PC is just plain ugly.

But, being a Sublime owner myself, I must say that Ive considered doing a green lip on my ride as well. But for me, its just too much green. The Sublime is "loud" enough and sublime wheels (whether it be the center thats painted OR the lip) is just too much. Not to mention, I LOVE chrome, and were it not for the flat black all over my car, I would have decked the ride out in a bit more chrome. The chrome lip really catches people's eyes and gives a REAL nice shine in the sun, and thats something youd lose with a painted lip.

In short, I think the Torreds, Go Mangos, and even the Plums can pull off the painted lip, but the Top Bananas and Sublimes should stay away from it.... IMO. But Im all about originality, so I wouldnt mind seein a few more ideas with wheel color....

-Pat

·
Registered
805 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
The torred looks really good. The plum crazy with the orange doesnt look bad but the orange needs to go. This goes to show you when people do this with some taste it looks good. But some people just screw it up. :razz: :razz:

·
Registered
537 Posts

My mouth is watering. I didn't think anything could make this color look better.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sublime with a painted lip has a lime lambo effect like that red torred has a ferrari effect

Im doin the painted lip, chrome is old news to me

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I wouldnt say chrome is old news.... chrome is the classic when all else fails. And you cant possibly make the comparison between Ferrari's flagship red and Lamborghini using lime green.... yellow is their flagship color first of all, thats why you don't see too many lime green lambos as it is. Regardless, Im not necessarily saying that it wont look good, I just think other colors pull it off better.

Since seeing this thread as well as some others about painted wheels/lips, I have come to notice that the success of color integration on the wheels also REALLY depends on the wheel style you choose. You cant just take any wheel with a lip and paint the lip and call it a day. Sometimes the spokes play an intrical part in whether or not the wheel goes well with the car. What wheel were you thinking of painting the lip Sublime on?

-Pat

1 - 20 of 22 Posts