Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been debating going two routes now for a while. Keep the vipers and drop it so that hideous and grotesque wheel well gap will go away and look 20x better. My charger likes to sit high. or sell the wheels and go the cam route. Ive decided the cost to gains ratio just cant be high enough for me. I had a local installer for cheap on the cams who did my headers and intake manifold. but he moved :nonod:

So need some input! Which kind of springs and how much are yall thinking? I know i've seen picks of others. But maybe someone else with a 3.5 and vipers?? im thinking 1.5 to 2 inches. Maybe someone good with photoshop?? any thoughts/ ideas/ concerns appreciated!

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
JMO but I think 2" would look best. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'm thinking! Chargers low look good.. Just worried the fact I'm in a college town. (You wouldn't believe the amount of speed bumps. My shocks and struts are probably dying) and its decently hilly. But worth it to look good right?

·
Registered
306 Posts
1.5-2" up front and 1" in the rear... Your front end looks high. I love Chargers so much that I am even willing to help an Aggie...(sorry for the assumption if you are not)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very much so! I am midway through school up here. Hence why cams are on the high end of my commitment. School takes up most of my time! Charger would be a close second. Haha. And that's what I'm saying it just looks awkward. Maybe my headers and lighter CAI save SO much weight the front end is so high up. Just kidding!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
An eibach prokit would get you where you need to be

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
That car looks like it is AWD. If it is, you need to carefully consider they type of drop you choose. It must be specifically made for it and accommodate the difference in front wheel turning geometry compared to RWD.

If you are still halfway through school I'm guessing you can't afford to waste money on something that doesn't work right and try to fix it later.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See exactly! seems high but no awd. 08se+ maybe that's why. Pretty sure sxt and se suspension is the same. Definitely rwd. I wish I had awd I'd have the nag1 :(

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
But I appreciate the concern ddaddy! May not have many posts but I lurk on everything on this forum for a long time now. Like I wouldn't be able to be running my staggered set up how I have it.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Well then, find a good kit and drop it like it's hot!

Based on the pics you could go up to 2".

·
Registered
173 Posts
Go with the Mopar Stage 1 springs and Koni shocks. That's the setup I have and its perfect!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Eibach pro kit will get you the most low for the money. @SPreston2001, isn't your drop sort of similar to an SRT8 ride height. The mopar stuff, while quality, seems to do little to nothing towards low.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well the Daytona sits a little lower than a stock R/T from my understanding and I actually got about a 1.5" drop all around. I didnt want to slam it too low since it has 22" summer wheels, and believe it or not I still scrape on the stock 18" wheels if I go over a bump too fast. I also had to get my fenders rolled to prevent my 22's from getting cut by the fenders. Perfect drop for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts