Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that HID's flicker unless they either have a special harness or you add a capacitor, but I'm having issues. I read this http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=846388&postcount=9
but I have no clue where pin 85 and 86 are, and where is the relay, is this only on one brand or am I totally missing something. I tried going to xenonpimp.com but they no longer just sell the harness and I'll be damned if I buy all new HIDs just for a relay. I am a soldering technician as my job, so that isn't an issue, I just don't know what the hell to solder. Please help.

PS I know they cause 100 car pileups, but I like them anyway!!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

if you were looking at the relay this is what the pins look like.
solder the longer side of the cap to 86 and the other side to 85 hope this helps

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

if you were looking at the relay this is what the pins look like.
solder the longer side of the cap to 86 and the other side to 85 hope this helps
It does help, my real NEWB issue is where the hell is that relay found? I searched last night and I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. My HID kit plugs into where the lights would go, go into the ballasts and then out to the bulb. I'm lost.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hate to bump my own thread but I have to drive it tomorrow night (Honda in shop) and I need my headlights, my drivers side will only come on in 10 second intervals and then off for 3 minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts