Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys are probably gettin tired of threads concerning exhaust. I installed the magnaflow 15628 kit on my r/t because I wanted something that looked good and was stainless steel that give me a little deeper rumble and nice sound while in the throttle. I got it all together myself and tightened her down, but had some slight leaks. So I took it to a local shop and told them what they need ed to do and when they got done with it it was horrible. Leaking really bad, and pipes clanging together. So I took it out put it back on again and got it back to square one. sounding good but still leaking a little bit. Do you guys think it would be ok to take it to a good exhaust shop and have it welded at the connections. Would this possibly stop the leaks. I really dont want to adjust it any more because I have the tips perfectly even and looking good. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
554 Posts
What do your "leaks" sound like? I had mine installed a month ago in a different city and had been thinking of taking it in to get retightened as it states in the install instructions. I have noticed a bit of a "buzzing" sound when idling in gear. Sounds great otherwise. Good luck.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is kinda a buzzing sound where the center muffler connects to the to extensions. Also if you get down beside the car and look underneath it you can see the condensation leaking from the connection.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
id get it welded fo sho.

·
Registered
554 Posts
It is kinda a buzzing sound where the center muffler connects to the to extensions. Also if you get down beside the car and look underneath it you can see the condensation leaking from the connection.
Ya that must be the sound I am hearing.....guess I'll try and tighten it up first and see how that goes....if not welding would be the way to go I would think.

·
Registered
928 Posts
yep, getting mine welded when its installed.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey OSUthunder, let me know how that volant sounds when you get it installed, I haven't heard of any reviews about that particular exhaust yet, but it should be one bada** lookin setup all polished. And how do you like that billet catch can?

·
Registered
928 Posts
billet catch can is perfect. works great and fits perfectly, looks awesome. ill be posting some pics of all my billet stuff once I get my shifter. They are working on a custom piece for me, that is going to look simply amazing.

as for the exhaust, sure thing, im gonna be sure to post up a bunch of pics and sound clips once I get it on (which will be this saturday morning, along with my mopar LT's) there is a decided lack of sound clips for many exhaust setups, everyone seems to be enthralled with magnaflow and zoomer (ok ill give you zoomers they are amazing)

I personaly think the billy boat is the best sounding one ive heard (good luck finding a clip of that easily) and is right up there with the zoomers. granted they are diffrent sounds so its kinda apples to oranges.

but I like the volant, it looks amazing (sitting in its box in my garage =) and the pipes are very well done. extreamly smooth bends as opposed to the flowmaster/magnaflow etc that look angular. also the resonators are fully resonated ( the inside looks like zoomers) and have a nice 4in angle cut tip.

I listened to many clips of volant truck exhausts and how well the sounded and really like them, nice and deep at idle and low rpm and thick full wide open sound when stomping on it with no rasp or rattle.

check your PM's

*also im not having it welded any more, the brackets they provided are massive and will do just fine. plus if the shop doesnt weld it correctly it will rust all to hell*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.