Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my car, the dealership gave me free state inspections / tire rotation/ tires / oil changes for life, the only reason I still go to them for anything. I am going on a trip this weekend so I was doing a once over and my oil was below the minimum level and so was my power steering level. My engine was off all night (cold) and I was on dead level ground, I just got the oil changed 500 miles ago, what the hell!!!

Oh and I'm glad I looked, my CAI wasn't attached, I must have hit it when doing the blinker mod last weekend. OOPS! I knew it was good before that.

I'm better for venting, has anyone else been so low on these fluids?? My car is only at 11K miles.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
No, burning more then normal amounts of oil is not a good thing, Def want to take it in if possible before you go on the trip.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It's possible that whoever changed your oil didn't know that it holds seven quarts. If they put five in it, that might be why it's at the minimum.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
V6 is at 6 quarts, but I was hoping that was the problem, I'll go check the receipt, it usually says on there. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
My first oil change left me low on oil too ... there was barely any oil visible on the bottom of the dipstick .... called up the dealer and went right back for them to top it off ... at least I checked it right after I left the dealership ... no chance of possible oil burning - they just didn't put enough in there while of course still charging me for 7 quarts (and they scratched my front bumper, but that's another story / rant)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I just got the oil changed 500 miles ago...

Is this the first you checked it since it was changed? Might have been low leaving the dealer. Next time around, when they bring your vehicle up from service, turn off the car, open the hood, and check the oil, and snoop around the engine bay for loose or missing stuff. It happens.

If they ask; "what are you doing?", tell them you are inspecting their workmanship before you leave the lot. :smoke:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this the first you checked it since it was changed? Might have been low leaving the dealer. Next time around, when they bring your vehicle up from service, turn off the car, open the hood, and check the oil, and snoop around the engine bay for loose or missing stuff. It happens.

If they ask; "what are you doing?", tell them you are inspecting their workmanship before you leave the lot. :smoke:
Just looked at the bill, 5 quarts, [email protected]!!! I called them and they said they will credit me for the extra quart, but they are too far away for the $3 or whatever it was. I will check for now on, I didn't think they would do that to me, I know the owner of the dealership personally, he got a call this morning!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts