Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever i drive over a small bump or a path hole, there is some rumble/rattle on the front of my car, sounds like something is loose
i went to two different repair shops, they changed few parts by the wheels and brakes but it didnt help at all, the way i notice the noise is only when i drive with cold car over a bump, after it warms up the noise disappears

is there a good repair shop that may help me out in staten island or brooklyn?
i can't spend anymore money if nothing has been done

I have dodge charger r/t 2006

·
Registered
919 Posts
A lot of people have reported this and there are always different opinions as to what it is. One simple thing to check 1st, before more money is spent, is inside the front wheel wells. Make sure all the plastic rivets are there. I was missing the same one in both front wheel wells and after replacing them with some I bought at Autozone, much quieter. A lot of Chargers have failed inspection due to bad tie rod ends, I'm not sure if that would cause noise but is a common problem in these cars. Keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
This may sound dumb but is your car clean? I had an annoying rattle from the front that I thought was gonna drive me nuts until I found a bottle cap rolling around under my seat. I usually keep my car pretty clean as a rule but I must have lost it off an iced tea bottle.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, my car is very clean and its not a noise that a cap from bottle could make, as i said, it only happens when car is cold and when i drive couple of miles, afterwards, it gets quiet, it only happens when i drive through a bump or path hole

we changed tie rods/joints, both schock absorbers and some screws around brakes/calipers

everything seems fine but still, rattle :/

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
This may sound dumb but is your car clean? I had an annoying rattle from the front that I thought was gonna drive me nuts until I found a bottle cap rolling around under my seat. I usually keep my car pretty clean as a rule but I must have lost it off an iced tea bottle.
Funny you said that, because I took my wife's truck into the shop because she had heard some noises. It turned out to be several emptied water bottles under her rear seats. I felt pretty dumb when the service manager told me that's what was making the noise. :alfdance:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
yes, my car is very clean and its not a noise that a cap from bottle could make, as i said, it only happens when car is cold and when i drive couple of miles, afterwards, it gets quiet, it only happens when i drive through a bump or path hole
I have the EXACT same problem. Theres this one specific speed bump on my way to work and it makes like a strange noise. Inspection never yields anything but it only happens when its cold. Now that its summer it doesn't happen nearly as much as it did in the winter. I'm upgrading my shocks & struts this month so we'll see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
359 Posts
This may sound dumb but check your hood prop. Play around with the position of the two rubber pieces on it. Mine were not in the right position and it would rattle when i hit a bump.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The only rattle in my car is from the child seats.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for reply but i noticed a lot of you dont actually read the post and make assumptions about empty bottles and hood, none of these things have anything to do what i asked for, please... what a bottle and hood has to do with a noise that exists when car is cold and disappears after it warms up?

any other suggestion from people who actually know what they are talking about?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I just had something similar to the OP's problem, just got it fixed today. the dealership replaced both outer tie rods. not to hijack your thread, but would me running 22's on my charger be the cause of the outer tie rods needing replacing?

·
Registered
359 Posts
thanks for reply but i noticed a lot of you dont actually read the post and make assumptions about empty bottles and hood, none of these things have anything to do what i asked for, please... what a bottle and hood has to do with a noise that exists when car is cold and disappears after it warms up?

any other suggestion from people who actually know what they are talking about?

thanks!
Whoa, sorry for the advice you ungrateful douche. I'm sure you'll make friends here quickly with that attitude.

Good job criticizing people for not knowing what is going on WITH YOUR CAR!

Check all your mods next. Looks like you have half the JC Whitney catalog on that car. If i saw all that garbage in your sig in the first place i wouldn't have even bothered with a response.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
whatever dude.... you must be JC Whitney salesman right? guess what, your post count just increased with 1 point, good job! are you happy now? post whore.........

Whoa, sorry for the advice you ungrateful douche. I'm sure you'll make friends here quickly with that attitude.

Good job criticizing people for not knowing what is going on WITH YOUR CAR!

Check all your mods next. Looks like you have half the JC Whitney catalog on that car. If i saw all that garbage in your sig in the first place i wouldn't have even bothered with a response.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Codeverth...You are a douche. Maybe its your high class "chrome license plate frames" that are rattling with your "upgraded Audio".

·
Registered
378 Posts
Maybe I should include my SRT8 floor mats in my sig. Or maybe my ceramic moisture absorbing block in the bottom of cup holder. Then I could be cool like CODEVERTH. Haul a$$ with your rattle trap.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Sway links... changed mine and all is well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts