Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a diagram or pictures of where the factory amp is located... i will appretiate the help

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's up under the dash in front of the steering wheel. I.e. pull the panel right above the pedals and you'll see it.
Dam i thogh it would be under a seat of somewhere more accesible... any way tnx... do you know if the amp amplifies all speakers or just the sub

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All speakers! Which is good and bad depending on what you want to do. :)
well im triying to install additional aftermarket whoffers and tweeders with 2 more amps... put i need the rca cables to be able to do so... so i boght the axxiss cable to rca converter.. 4 channel... but what i was wondering was if i need to get the lines converted straight from the stereo... or just from the the speakers on the trunk...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone got pictures of the oem amp i can look at... it would really save me some time by knowing how it looks like and hoe im going to take it out... please help...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I think its better to grab from the radio...or the inputs on the amp; not the outputs. Why would you want to amplify an already amplified signal.

You cannot miss the amp, once you take down the panel mentioned above, it will be right there, and you can EASILY unplug the harness'...

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Considering that I've been playing with the factory and aftermarket factory amp, have at least some experience with it.

Be very careful pulling the amp out. The 322 watt amp comes out with some difficulty as I banged the stop lamp switch enough time to blow a fuse AND throw 12 codes :(

Getting to the amp is relatively easy, two door trim panel pop out, two screws hold the lower IP trim panel and the trunk release wire, along with three clips. four bolts hold the steering wheel knee blocker, and two more clips hold the insulation piece. Take about 10 minutes to take all that out. then you have four harnesses and three more screws to pull the amp out. This is where you have to be careful to not bang the stop lamp switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
08 charger sxt AMP? stereo quit working, power no sound usually

does my car have an amp and if so where is it..ive been told the trunk and some say under steering wheel area but there is a box under the passenger seat that looks like an amp to me? Plus stereo comes on, but usually no sound, replaced head unit same deal and car thought it was being stolen...help THANKS dying for music here...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts