Charger Forums banner

Ammo Products

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
Hello all you detail freaks,
My Son now ventured down yet another rabbit hole in Ammo. We watch His videos on youtube, he seems like a pretty damn good detailer and very detailed if you will. Anyway he makes his own products, don't know who mixes them or actually makes them for him but it seems like he at least designed them to his perfection.

Anyway now that it's getting colder here and washing at the house is basically done until spring, over to the coin Do it your self wash we go. They have hot water , lights in the bay plus a air dryer blow gun thing that kinda works. We bring all our own buckets wash kit soap etc, we basically use the hot water pressure washer and bay .

So we are now going to try out these add ons to your soap and see how they work. I'm sure more Ammo Products will be showing up at my house as once my Son gets into a company ( Just like his water LOL ) you have to try them all out.
So I'll be seeing and probably buying many Ammo Products once I get my hands on them.

Anyone fool around with them?

See less See more
#2 ·
I believe I saw a video from them a while back when they cleaned up a "barn find" late 70's Datsun 280Z. A lot of these "boutique" brands use Chemical Guys to make private label product for them. I'll be curious to see how they work for ya.

Sadly, I haven't had the time to hit anything other than the touchless car wash for any of my vehicles since late spring or perhaps early summer. But that reminds me that I've got to clean up all my products and buffing tools/doodads in the garage. :) I'm sure a lot of that stuff is just going to get chucked when I REALLY clean up to get the floor epoxied, mini-split installed, etc.

Best,

#3 ·
I like Larry's videos, but his products are a bit expensive. They may be well worth the cost though, so maybe one day I will place an order. I know that he is a chemist and he had a hand in formulating most/all of his products with his team of chemists.

#6 ·
I don't mind paying top dollar for top dollar products. I'm never just looking for a deal on Detailing products. I feel you get what you pay for here and my Rides are well worth investing in top quality products. As an retired Detailer I expect a certain level or product perfection.

#4 ·
I'm pretty sure Larry makes his own stuff. He's been detailing since 2005 (I think he was 23 when he started his first detailing shop). His wife is also a chemist so he has a good reference for information. I sent him an email once with a question about the "paint" on my Vanderhall. He emailed me back his phone number asking me to call him. I was shocked. I called and we chatted for about 15 minutes. It was a real honor. I've strongly considered buying Frothe but have not done it yet. IMHO, it is on the expensive side but I think it would fill a need during the winter. Only thing stopping me is the shipping cost at $10.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.