Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell all, new to this forum, and have been reading a lot of post for the last couple of days. I am going to be ordering my R/T on Friday, but am a little concerned with how long it is taking some of you to get yours. Is this because most of you are ordering Daytona's or is it all R/T's? The dealer that I am ordering thru said it would be 3 months before I would get it, and was just wondering how realalistic this is. Should I plan on it being longer than that? Also, does any one have an mp3 of the exhaust after it has been updated? Am really interested in the sound. Oh, and by the way, I saw the post from the other lady, and am glad to know that I will not be the only female who is the owner!! :embarrese
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
I ordered mine on june 28th, and it will leave the factory aug 2nd. Ship time is 7/10 days. After 12 weeks u can get out of the agreement anways
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info....I am just bouncing in my chair with excite ment, not looking for the 6 hour drive to go pick it up, but am looking forward to the ride home!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
It very well could be that long. In my case (before the Daytona) my car was in BX (awaiting scheduling) since 7/12. And they already had already filled the August build. They are going to fill Septembers build the first week of August. So if your lucky it could be built in September and you get it early October. But if enough people are on the "list" your build could get pushed to October.. meaning November.

There are a bunch of people that have waited (or waiting) for 2 months easy.
I know of one person whose build date keeps getting pushed back. I just got real lucky.

edward
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
becnstv said:
Hell all, new to this forum, and have been reading a lot of post for the last couple of days. I am going to be ordering my R/T on Friday, but am a little concerned with how long it is taking some of you to get yours. Is this because most of you are ordering Daytona's or is it all R/T's? The dealer that I am ordering thru said it would be 3 months before I would get it, and was just wondering how realalistic this is. Should I plan on it being longer than that? Also, does any one have an mp3 of the exhaust after it has been updated? Am really interested in the sound. Oh, and by the way, I saw the post from the other lady, and am glad to know that I will not be the only female who is the owner!! :embarrese
Hey welcome tyo the forum, it will take a while, but I'm sure it will be worth it :whistle:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
BlackCharger06 said:
I ordered mine on june 28th, and it will leave the factory aug 2nd. Ship time is 7/10 days. After 12 weeks u can get out of the agreement anways
HOW DID YOU DO THAT ???

I ordered my Daytona 6-22, and I'm still "D" status, with an estimated build date of Mid-August.

Life just isn't fair... :sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Me too, I ordered mine on 6/13. No progress, still in D status. getting upset about the whole deal. If not here by OCT 1st I am probably going to buy somthing else (probably German)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Naples Dodge down here in Florida ordered I think 3 Daytona's on June 7th and the expected ship date was July 22nd. I just plopped my deposit on the remaining one available yesterday and they are due in under 3 weeks. All of them are out of build and just waiting to be loaded up and shipped down here. I'm guessing first by train and then by truck to the dealership. Something on the order sheet indicates Orlando so I have a feeling they are coming into Orlando by rail and then from Orlando to Naples by truck.

Currently the status shows a JB, anyone know what that code means?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I ordered mine 3-4 weeks ago, and it probably will not be available until October at the earliest b/c I want the protection package. Apparently none are being built with this option right now b/c of a problem with supply of the side airbags according to my dealer. Hard to wait, but it doesn't bother me too much, since I still have two months to go on my current leased vehicle (Jag Xtype 3.0)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
I ordered mine on June 9th. It was "supposed" to ship, this past Monday...I've called everyday...now get this:

I called today and they said it was being framed yesterday. I'm assuming, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it would be a little hard to ship the car, if it ISN'T built yet. I'm now being told, by the time it gets built and shipped, it'll be mid-August before I get it in my grubby little hands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Called on mine a few minutes ago and it moved to a JS status as of the 26th and the guy stated that it was in-transit and check back on Aug. 8th/10th. I'm thinking I ought to about have it by then, but we shall see . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
TATTOOMAN said:
Currently the status shows a JB, anyone know what that code means?
According to the Brampton Website, JB is "shipped to body vendor". If this is a Daytona, after the car is assembled at the brampton plant, it is shipped to (I think) Windsor for the final Daytona specific touches, i.e. graphics, seats, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
TATTOOMAN said:
Called on mine a few minutes ago and it moved to a JS status as of the 26th and the guy stated that it was in-transit and check back on Aug. 8th/10th. I'm thinking I ought to about have it by then, but we shall see . . .
Hmmm... JS, "shipped to storage". I wonder why they would do that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
I called today, and they told me the ship date was August 2nd but the build date was August 15th. That makes alot of sense. The guy on the phone said that these date could change. Only one way to find out. I really want my car intime for the Mopar Nats but it doesn't look like that will happen.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top