Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so one of the biggest reasons I was able to talk my wife into letting me buy the SRT was so we could use the SRT more to save miles on her lease car.....but, as I become more obsessed with my SRT i seem to be afraid to leave it anywhere other than work and my own driveway, and we are actually using her car more now.....do you all obsess about leaving your chargers in public places as well? I am like crazy about worrying about dents, and hit and runs and vandalism...... I WANT to take the car everywhere I go, but am afraid too, and I feel that it makes it less enjoyable to take it places.....am I the only one????

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
lol, of course not..thats why we have parking threads in reference to how far we would park just to not be near anyone :D But thats the way alot of us feel...some say you lose it with time, but I don't believe that, Im always looking for an island to park next to and if not island...Im either gonna park in between two nice cars or im parking super far away. I don't want the public touching my car...since ive gotten the car, ive already seen 2-3 people putting their hands on the window and peeking in...im like dude WTF!!

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
i have had my srt charger for almost two years....... i am as obsessed with it now as day one, probably more so...... bottomline, the car never leaves the driveway or the spot at the office. weekends are for the suv and my motorcycle!!! hahahaha

·
Registered
731 Posts
I hear ya. When I go to Quick Trip to get a Sunday Paper and coffee, I park at a gas pump no matter if I get gas or not. When I go, it's not that busy, but if there are 2 cars in front of the store and I park in the spot way at hte end, some idiot will still park next to me by the time I come out. Of course it's a piece of crap car.......I don't drive it to work much because of door dings. My daily driver truck has them from driving it to work all the time.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
No matter where you park, no matter how empty the parking lot is, there is always a good chance that someone will be parked right next to you when you come out! I usually park my vehicles way up on top of the lot. The place can be dead but there is still someone parked right next to me when I come out 50% of the time.

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR OUR EVERYDAY LOW PRICE POLICY!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Heres the solution:

if you need to go to the store you make a list if neccesary with pictures. you go to the store hand the list to the wife, girlfriend, or kid you took with you and wait in the car while you wipe it down you watch it from the dreaded runaway shopping cart. Especially those mutant sized carts from COSTCO.

JK!! I usually try to park either next to other LX's or mustangs. I've only had the opportunity to park next to an SRT once.

Now come christmas i think I'll be shopping on-line.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Same here. Very particular where I drive and/or park the Charger OR the Ram. If I have to go somewhere dicey, or where I am unsure about parking (especially with the Ram - some places just don't have room to park a dually), I take the Grand Marquis.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yep

Same here, I am paranoid too! As time goes on it seems people have less and less respect for other people and their property.

I try to park far away, and sometimes will even bring and use my car cover. I bought the one that Does NOT say "Charger" on it!

We are currently doing diabolical experiments on deserving abusers to develop the first effective "Dirtbag Repellent". I'll let everyone know when it's ready. :lol:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Ok, so one of the biggest reasons I was able to talk my wife into letting me buy the SRT was so we could use the SRT more to save miles on her lease car.....but, as I become more obsessed with my SRT i seem to be afraid to leave it anywhere other than work and my own driveway, and we are actually using her car more now.....do you all obsess about leaving your chargers in public places as well? I am like crazy about worrying about dents, and hit and runs and vandalism...... I WANT to take the car everywhere I go, but am afraid too, and I feel that it makes it less enjoyable to take it places.....am I the only one????
Just park intelligently (away from beaters, high traffic areas, but in visible areas where others watching will provide protection).

You will get some minor dings and nicks over time, but the PDR (dent repair) guys can make those disappear for very little $$.

Be vigilant, but nothing to obsess over, or no reason to drive the Camry :eek: instead of the SRT.

·
Registered
103 Posts
2 weeks ago

Very careful where I park my SRT....2 weeks ago I came out to find some soccer mom on the cell phone with her drivers door open (on her Navigator ,of course) against my passenger door.
I walked over to her and asked if she could shut her door so I could back out.
She looked at me and rolled her eyes, like I was putting her out, I wanted to knock her dumb [email protected]# out:dead: ...I swear people are so inconsiderate .....if there would have been a scratch,I probably would have.
I deliberately parked away from everybody else, and she had to park right friggin next to me....incredible:devil: :devil: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
my charger hasnt left my warehouse/seen rain or the light of day in 9 months-and my girls charger [which i pay for and now drive every day] isnt more than 30 feet from my sight all day and is in the garage at night-and when we go out at night she knows that she better drive her suv were ever we are going if she's planing on not having to walk a mile to the front door.

·
Registered
686 Posts
yeah its amazing the disrespect people give other peoples cars. I have seen a woman set her purse down on the hood of a car in a parking lot , search for an item , then off they go to there own vehicle once they have found what they were looking for .

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

I'm here now to answer this thread ONLY because I thought about taking the Charger out for a drive BUT then I realized that I would probably lose the sweet parking spot I currently have, so I'm staying in and admiring the view of my clean Charger from my living room window ... :ninja: :ninja:

You're defintely NOT alone !

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I'm kind of like roman371. I try to be careful not to be dumb about where I park, but I don't obsess about the car any more. I have a few dents and dings and sure, I'm not happy about it. But it's not worth the stress to me to worry about it all the time. It can be repaired in time and I can start all over with it.

And just so you know - yes, it's been vandalized and yes, I got it fixed. Yes, I was pi$$ed.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am obsessed with her. I barely drive it, when I do I don't really want to park it as people in general are very inconsiderate and seem to be moreso when a vehicle is a lot nicer than their own. Basically mine does a whole lot of sitting in a nice climate controlled environment, locked away from peoples stupidity. That way 10 years from now it should by rights still be the same way. I don't really ever plan on selling my car, I don't care if its worth anything or not 20 years from now but it will probably be a survivor, worthless or not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.