Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

First my bad news:
I am a proud owner of an 03 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab with an 8' bed and the HO Cummins engine. The truck runs like a top and has never let me down in over 106K miles. I have to get rid of it though as my new job has me driving all over creation and occasionally I come across parking garages that my truck won't fit in.

Now my good news:
I had been looking at a few cars and I have narrowed it down to the Charger..of course. If I can get it at the right price I hope to get in one by the end of this month.

I understand it can get good mileage if you are easy on the gas but after my test drive I can see why people are more than happy for average mileage :rockon: . I am interested in the R/T with the Road and Track package (29R). I am also very interested in the Popular Equipment Group (29P) EXCEPT for the sub-woofer. I saw a car with a sub-woofer in the trunk and it takes up too much space for me plus the sound just isn't my style (I listen to CNBC on Sirius). I assume you can't get the other options without it so my question is if I could swing the payments with both options in the car is there anything preventing me from just taking out the sub-woofer in the trunk to reclaim the space back and make it look like stock or will there be too many bits left over after I remove it to make it look clean? How well does the UConnect system work? Unfortunately I have to be available at any time during the work day so I would rather do it in as safe a way as possible.

Finally my company (EMC) has deals with Chrysler, Ford, GM and Audi so I can get the Dodge for 1% under dealer invoice. Is it foolish for me to think I can do better or is that a good deal? I am not against a 2007 by any means so just looking for advice as to how much I can realistically negotiate down on a 2007 or a 2008.

Hopefully I can get the car in the near future and be a driving member of the board! I probably won't do much to it as I have a baby on the way so I have to just be happy with the Hemi :).

Tom

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
i have exactly what you are looking at. Mileage over time stays around 21 to 22mpg. UConnect is outstanding....really do like it, and so does my wife.

you don't need a subwoofer in the trunk of these cars...IMHO, but I'm a 40 yr old dork that thinks 25 on the volume is plenty loud and doesn't like to see the sideview mirrors vibrate more than 2 times a year.

:)

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm not sure if you are forced to get that sub or not, but nothing is stopping you from pulling it and the enclosure out and selling it to another charger owner.

Right now 07 R/T chargers are selling at invoice with $3500 cash back wherever dealers still have them, and you have lots of room to negotiate on trades to get the value where you want it. The R/T with R&T package is a very nice car, I just picked one up myself about a month ago.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Definitely do the R&T Package. If you have to get the sub, just get someone to remove it and sell it. That way you can start your mod fund

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have sound II and the sub is under the rear package tray. Doesn't take much room at all. The sub you see in the trunk is part of the Kicker sound package.

If I can keep my foot out of the gas I am getting about 22-24 mpg

U-connect is GREAT

·
Registered
716 Posts
First time posting. I just bought a 07 R/T a month ago. I had a few problems with vibrations. They ended up replacing both front tires. I drove around a few of the demo's to see if all the Chargers drove like mine and noticed that all of the 07's had 100's (even 1000's) of miles on them. I bet you could really get a good deal on one of those if you don't mind the mileage.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Also, now that 08's are hitting the dealerships, 07's have got to go. Just wheel and deal!

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
i have exactly what you are looking at. Mileage over time stays around 21 to 22mpg. UConnect is outstanding....really do like it, and so does my wife.

you don't need a subwoofer in the trunk of these cars...IMHO, but I'm a 40 yr old dork that thinks 25 on the volume is plenty loud and doesn't like to see the sideview mirrors vibrate more than 2 times a year.

:)

Welcome aboard.
what kind of music do you listen to? cause when I have my volume at 20, my side mirrors vibrate like crazy, and I have my bass/mids set to 1.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for responding guys. Hopefully I will be able to work a deal this weekend. Any idea on the best possible price for an 08 now?

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts