Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So SWMBO and I were at Super Dawg, one of the only (if not THE only) drive-in restaurants in Chicago.

I backed into a spot between two other cars. Right now I'm feeling some anxiety as I NEVER NEVER park this close to anyone.

The guy to my right leaves and some tweak in an beat-to-hell Kia Sephia (why is it every Kia Sephia I see is beat-to-hell? Do they come from the factory that way?) pulls up and sees the open spot.

Tweakball tries to back in... this is where I nearly have a heartattack

Instead of pulling up beyond the spot to line his rear end up he pull about even and starts backing in. Melissa and I have now c0cked our heads to one side and said "WTF"

He's getting closer and closer... he's practically pulling in to my spot. The GTO a couple stalls down honks, and then I honk (I laid on it pretty good). Tweak throws his hand up in acknowledgment and pulls forward... not far enough though. He starts backing up again, and is still aiming straight for me. GTO and I are both honking at this guy again to stop.

"WTF" I say and I get out the Charger. I walk up to his open window and conversation goes something like this:

ME You alright boss? Do ya need some help?
TWEAK Nah, nah... I'm fine. This car just doesn't have power steering. It's my wife's car... it's a piece of crap. It's really tough to steer.
ME (Thinking to myself, no way this modern car doesn't have power steering)
ME Well sir, you almost hit me twice.
Tweak Nah... I saw ya this thing is just hard to steer.
ME OK, I'm gonna spot for ya

So I get behind him and spot for him. At the time I was think this guy is just gonna run me over. I helped him park without further incident.

So I get back in the Charger. Now Tweak can't reach the order board. So he starts making like he's gonna open his door. I'm whispering to myself the whole time "Awww man he's gonna ding me, Awww man he's gonna ding me, Awww man he's gonna ding me, Awww man he's gonna ding me."

Fortunately he doesn't. After he's clear Melissa looks at me and says "c'mon lets get outta here you look like your gonna have a nervous breakdown."

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah that was me in the GTO, i thought the guy was drunk, i'm sure he would have hit ya if you did'nt get out and say somethin. Looked for sure like he wanted to share the stall with ya. BTW nice ride.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that was me in the GTO, i thought the guy was drunk, i'm sure he would have hit ya if you did'nt get out and say somethin. Looked for sure like he wanted to share the stall with ya. BTW nice ride.
No sh!t! Now I really regret not coming over there and complimenting ya on the Goat.

I'm pretty sure he was drunk or something.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
What lesson have we learned from this experience?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What lesson have we learned from this experience?
Umm... take a GTO to a drive-in and no one will try to back into ya :)

J/K Inferno SRT8, But I'm pretty sure if you had brought it he would have almost hit you instead.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Umm... Don't take a nice car to a drive-in and no one will try to back into ya :)

J/K Inferno SRT8, But I'm pretty sure if you had brought it he would have almost hit you instead.
Fixed it :D

·
Registered
723 Posts
Your alot calmer than I.... Im a chick though, I think its sometimes expected for us, me to go mental..lol

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your alot calmer than I.... Im a chick though, I think its sometimes expected for us, me to go mental..lol
Funny you say that. When we finally left Mel said that she thought I handled the whole situation very calmly, and much unlike how she thought I would have reacted.

Letting tempers flair in situations like this aren't worth it, all that would have happened was Tweak would have become even more uncomfortable and rushed and possibly backed into my car.

That said things would have been very different had actually backed into my car. :devil:

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I saw a thing on Superdog on Food Network last month. Good stuff! :D

And yeah, I probably would not have been as calm as you, Manris. :no:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not just a car! I thought this was a forum for charger enthusiasts? It is never just a car to an enthusiast.
I come here to learn all I can about my charger, mod it accordingly, and drive it on the weekends.

But I carry good insurance so if it does get hit and scratched it gives me more money for mods and a better excuse for that new hood, or that new paint job.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dude. its just a car.
That's right dude... it is just a car. MY CAR! and spend and lot of time and effort to keep her clean and out of harms way. So I have every g'damn right to to take exception to the threat of her being damaged because some retard doesn't know how to park.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Oh no, not again. Crawl away little troll, and stop trying to spoil someones thread.
Easy there. Could just be a different point of view.

A sick kinda point of view, but a different one.:smoke:

Welcome to the forums chite5b.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts