Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was with my mom and her friend driving my charger. It was the first time my mom's friend had been in the car. We had an open stretch of road and my mom said,"Why don't you show Kathy what this thing can do?" So I down shifted and got on it for about 4 or 5 seconds, nothing big. I pull into Texas Roadhouse(a steakhouse where we were eating) and I here a siren. I thought it was a car alarm and thought nothing of it bc I set off alarms all the time with my cut outs open. I look in my rear view and there is a charger cop behind me. So I pull over and grab my license and insurance immediately. this is how our conversation went:

Cop: Whats the problem here?
Me: I'm sorry sir I was just taking them for a ride in my car and I was being stupid.
Cop: Wanna go for a ride in my car?
Me: No sir
Cop: You sure? It's the same car.
Me: Yes sir. I'm sorry
Cop: I'll be right back.
The officer then looked in my back window
Me: Thats my mom...
Cop: Did it with mom in the car...wow, you have guts, but that is reckless driving and it is a class B which means you go to jail. Now cut that **** out and be safe...nice car by the way.
Me: Thank you sir, I will stop doing stupid things. Nice car too.

I was ready to take the heat for my actions bc I knew I was wrong, but the officer was really cool about everything. Nice guy and I'm not in Jail, so all in all a good day lol :grin:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
So there I was with my mom and her friend driving my charger. It was the first time my mom's friend had been in the car. We had an open stretch of road and my mom said,"Why don't you show Kathy what this thing can do?" So I down shifted and got on it for about 4 or 5 seconds, nothing big. I pull into Texas Roadhouse(a steakhouse where we were eating) and I here a siren. I thought it was a car alarm and thought nothing of it bc I set off alarms all the time with my cut outs open. I look in my rear view and there is a charger cop behind me. So I pull over and grab my license and insurance immediately. this is how our conversation went:

Me: I'm sorry sir I was just taking them for a ride in my car and I was being stupid.
Cop: Did it with mom in the car...wow, you have guts, but that is reckless driving and it is a class B which means you go to jail. Now cut that **** out and be safe...nice car by the way.

I was ready to take the heat for my actions bc I knew I was wrong, but the officer was really cool about everything. Nice guy and I'm not in Jail, so all in all a good day lol :grin:
Is this that charger thats in ur town thats already pulled you over just to lokk at ur ride?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this that charger thats in ur town thats already pulled you over just to lokk at ur ride?
nah, this was in Live Oak, the other one is in Selma. I actually found out that Selma has like 8 charger cars! CRAZY!

·
Registered
933 Posts
You didnt say how fast you were going...
I wonder where he was hiding that you didnt see him.
Wow a little scary :)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you're not in jail bro....but thats some funny stuff!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'll bet he wanted to chat with you & check out your car more than give you a ticket!

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You didnt say how fast you were going...
I wonder where he was hiding that you didnt see him.
Wow a little scary :)
lol yeah I'm not sure how fast I was going. But I know the speed limit was 20mph lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you're not in jail bro....but thats some funny stuff!
I too am glad I am not in jail hahaha
always be polite to the guy who can put you in jail
yeah, at first I thought I was screwed bc he seemed kind of mean, but he was actually a really cool guy. and with illegal tint dual cut-outs that were open and no front license plate, I try to not give the LEO's any more reason to ticket me lol

I'll bet he wanted to chat with you & check out your car more than give you a ticket!
I guess that is possible, I am just glad I didn't get a ticket

·
Registered
340 Posts

I would have turned around and said thanks mom!:grin: and start laughing.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Being polite will always go a long way with a cop. I have been pulled over a couple times already to have my car checked out, I was doing 10 MPH UNDER posted limit and i was still nervous. Glad to hear this worked out good for you. Ask any cop, they deal with some real idiots in all kinds of stressful situations, being polite and actually listening to what he wants you to do is a huge plus in your favor. Not saying it will get you off with a warning every time but it may keep the amount lower.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Being polite will always go a long way with a cop. I have been pulled over a couple times already to have my car checked out, I was doing 10 MPH UNDER posted limit and i was still nervous. Glad to hear this worked out good for you. Ask any cop, they deal with some real idiots in all kinds of stressful situations, being polite and actually listening to what he wants you to do is a huge plus in your favor. Not saying it will get you off with a warning every time but it may keep the amount lower.
I agree 100%. My uncle is captain of police for SAPD and I know that if I were to drop his name I would get out of any ticket, but if I actually do something wrong, then I deserve the ticket and I know that. I have no problem owning up to my actions and taking the heat for it. I have learned though that if you are polite and chill they will be cool with you most of the time.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
SHould have just told him your mom made you do it. :smoke:
I think I like your mom. She seems cool. :grin:

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SHould have just told him your mom made you do it. :smoke:
I think I like your mom. She seems cool. :grin:
yeah, she's really cool. and she bought a poor college student a meal at a steakhouse too so :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hey 8604, is that the outlet mall parking lot along I-35? I travel to SA all the time. Great story! I used to do ride alongs with OHP, they let alot of people out of tickets, unless they were jerks! Always a good stragedy to be polite and respectful.

We have a motorcycle officer in our cul de sac, he informed me the other day that he clocked my wife going 60 in a 40 zone and started to pull out and pull her over till he recongnized she was driving my Charger! I asked my wife about and she never even saw him, she went on to sheepishly explain to me that she didnt even realize she was speeding, that the Charger can get away from you if your not careful, LOL!

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey 8604, is that the outlet mall parking lot along I-35? I travel to SA all the time. Great story! I used to do ride alongs with OHP, they let alot of people out of tickets, unless they were jerks! Always a good stragedy to be polite and respectful.

We have a motorcycle officer in our cul de sac, he informed me the other day that he clocked my wife going 60 in a 40 zone and started to pull out and pull her over till he recongnized she was driving my Charger! I asked my wife about and she never even saw him, she went on to sheepishly explain to me that she didnt even realize she was speeding, that the Charger can get away from you if your not careful, LOL!
if you are referring to my avatar and sig pics then no, it is an outlet mall up in denton. I attended a M&G up there. Yeah the charger sure can get away from you if you aren't careful. Next time you are gonna be in SA shoot me a PM and we can get a mini meet if ya want.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
16 Participants
MySRT8U
Charger Forums
ChargerForums to connect with the Dodge Charger community to discuss SRT, Hellcat models, maintenance, mods and more.
Full Forum Listing