Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
What is it were they tire testing with in Las Vegas? It is NOT the car that is on that truck. Perhaps its the Daytona model or a car by a different name that is going to be used in Nascar.

Either way, it looks better on that truck than it does in those drawings.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Actually if they take off the front and rear coverings it could be a really nice car IMHO. I was setting myself up for the worst case senerio and it isn't really that bad looking. But to each his own. I was expecting something more boxy but so far the swooping roof line doesn't look all bad. I shall hold final judgement until the covers come off.

Later

·
Registered
549 Posts
At second glance and some inspection of the cars at closer range in MSpaint with the colors inverted I see some interesting things in the rear half of the car that isn't visible unless you invert the colors. The best I can describe what I am seeing is that the rear tires and wheel wells seem to be pushed away from the body a little bit giving the rear a wider stance and a slight bulge starting at about the middle of the rear door as the body lines progress towards the wheel. Dunno if I am seeing things so does anyone else see this? Also with the colors inverted you can kinda see through the rear camo to see what is going on with the rear passenger door windows and there is some light coming through the camo on the black one that shows more of a rounded off window instead of the C&D rendering which shows something different. Also looking at the picture it doesn't seem like the sides are as boxy as they look from the side view. The lower picture (3/4 view) from Allpar seems to hint that the top of the car is slanted inward starting at about even with the door handles and going to the roof. After looking closer at it there are some subtile things that make this a pretty nice car. I can hardly wait to see what the front and rear look like. If this is the Charger then I wouldn't mind having one. I have my suspicions that this is the going to be called the Charger since the roof lines look similar to other chargers that I have seen in the past (as shown on the bottom two pictures).

Picture as seen on Allpar.com but hosted on GT Neon.com

Picture as seen on C&D.com but hosted on GT Neon.com

Later

·
Registered
22 Posts
While the made-in-Canada Chrysler 300 wagon will become a reality, unfortunately it won't be sold in North America. <--- C&D , European CHARGER ?

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, it's not bad looking honestly. Doesn't quite 'grab' me like the 300C did, but it's not bad.

·
Registered
26 Posts
EVERRET said:
unfortunately it won't be sold in North America. <--- C&D , European CHARGER ?
Yeah, I hear it was because they couldn't sell the Magnum over there because of the European frontal area requirement for pedestrian impact safety. The Magnum was too low and the frontal area too small so they put the 300C front end on the Magnum and called it good. Over at dodgeboy.net they have what it's called and some pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts